Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Antenna radiation patterns

(Read 4706 times)
cornel
★★

Feb 18th, 2014 at 12:28pm  
I would like to know where I can get hold of antenna radiation patterns? For instance a 7,3m Andrew or 9,3m Andrew.
We are moving some dishes close to an office park and health and safety is quite a concern.

Thanks

Cornel Lombaard  Cornel@satcom-africa.com

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2014 at 6:36pm  
Radiation patterns are frequency- and weighting-dependent, so more information is needed. Not sure, but I think General Dynamics absorbed Andrews medium and large terminal capability. Here's a data sheet (https://www.gdsatcom.com/Antennas/Data_Sheets/655-0060B_7.3m.pdf) on the 7.3m GD. The spec you're interested in is "beamwidth". But it's not an answer. It's merely a starting point for your calculations.

That said, contacting GD directly might produce a more comprehensive answer.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #2 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 11:14am  
I agree with Greg.  Contact GD Satcom for advice. Ask about near field radiation levels and in the vicinity of the beam if it passes over nearby properties or obstructions.

I would recommend also getting a RAHAM Radiation Hazard Meter (or similar) so you can walk around in the vicinity of the antenna and demonstrate the RF levels. Use it also to verify that you have no leakage from waveguide flanges etc.

IP Logged

cornel
★★

Reply #3 - Feb 19th, 2014 at 11:44am  
Thanks I will contact them!

Cornel Lombaard  Cornel@satcom-africa.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1