Satellite Internet

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Both service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. If you are showing as 'Guest', please register at the bottom of this home page if you wish to contribute or ask question. Read the Forum rules.
      Satellite internet forum          
Pages: 1

Need help Service (1/4 CIR)

(Read 2887 times)
SALAH
Ex Member

May 1st, 2014 at 10:21am  
I am planning to serve 150 client using Wimax tech  and back-hauling through  Vsat i have got an offer from businessCom  company which is as following  (1/4 CIR)   the receive 4 Mbps  and the Transmit 512 Mbps  they told me it is a Dedicated service  could anyone explain it to me? am i going to get it as really dedicated or as  others says it is sherd not dedicated ?  or give me an advice please  the coast above 4000 USD

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Administrator

Personal text from: Profile,
Options, Top line

Reply #1 - May 5th, 2014 at 5:48pm  
Ask for an explanation of what "(1/4 CIR)" means ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 5th, 2014 at 8:42pm  
Dear Salah,

1/4 CIR means that you get 1/4 of all the bandwidth as a dedicated CIR. (CIR = Committed Information Rate, dedicated bandwidth.) For example, if you buy a 1024 kbps link with 1/4 CIR then you get 1024 divide by 4 = 256 kbps of dedicated CIR bandwidth with it. This is definitely not a 100% dedicated service like SCPC if you mean that. If you are talking about our iDirect Broadband services that typically feature 1/4 CIR and 1/10 CIR levels then this service is never advertised as dedicated. It's a shared bandwidth service, however it can be upgraded to a 100% CIR DVB-S2/SCPC service at any time if you wish so. 

A 4096 x 512 kbps service with 1/4 CIR may be fine for basic Wi-Fi network. That would depend on how many subscribers will be online at the same time. If this is a residential network with about 30% of people online at the same time at maximum then this may work well. I would also look at 1/10 CIR services, something like 8 x 1 Mbps, perhaps? The good thing is we don't have force long term contracts on our iDirect Broadband services so you can start and see how it works for you without committing to a long contract.

Hope this helps.

IP Logged

SALAH
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 6th, 2014 at 4:06pm  
Thanks guys  for the information  i am still looking for dedicated service with low price  i found  one which is 1:1  3Mbps speed with 4200$

IP Logged

Malachy
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 7th, 2014 at 9:38am  
Salah,

Kindly share with me your current offer of 3Mbps 1:1 at 4200$.  I am also looking for similar services for my VoIP and my clients on WiFi

Malachy

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 7th, 2014 at 10:31am  
Dear Salah and Malachy,

Please contact me by e-mail (maxim.usatov at bcsatellite dot net) and I will advise what's the best we can offer. We have a VSAT solution available that would suit a 150 users WiFi network  better than a simple 3 Mbps dedicated circuit at that cost.

Max

IP Logged

SALAH
Ex Member

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2014 at 8:16pm  
Malachy

I have sent you PM  with the details i hope that you got it and  would be my pleasure  to assist you with that

SALAH

IP Logged

Emms Africa
Ex Member

Reply #7 - May 28th, 2014 at 10:55am  
Salah

We have what you want and at the correct price for you. COntact me on Emmanuel@space.co.ke

Quote:
Malachy

I have sent you PM  with the details i hope that you got it and  would be my pleasure  to assist you with that

SALAH

IP Logged

Pages: 1