Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

isite problem : grey parameters

(Read 4882 times)
high
★★

Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:18am  
Dear all
When i use the isite to check the state of the ip receive and transmit kb/s pass through servers , this  catgory will be hidden , and when using the routers like dlink or link directly to modem  , will be active , how can overcome this problem , can the hub make help in this matter
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2008 at 12:48pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 12:13pm  
So you are saying the IP Stats are "grayed out?"

Are you logged in as a user or as Admin?

IP Logged

high
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 8:45pm  
sorry for late ,
no matter what p/w i use user or admin, but i enter usually user p/w . and thanks for replay

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 2:44pm  
What version iDS are you using? 

Does that version match that of the iDS that is loaded on the iDirect unit?

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #4 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 10:39pm  
Dear Mr Mike

We do also had a same eproblem while login to Iscpc modem , even if login as admin all the parameters appears as grey so i cannot pull any information from the modem say down/Up bitrates etc. Sometimes this is never an issue .

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Aug 5th, 2008 at 11:05pm  
You never answered my question above.  

What model iDirect is this?  Infiniti or Netmodem II+?

What version iDS?

Does the version of iSite match the iDS on the iDirect unit?

If you are running an iNFINITI modem, can you ping the management interface (Sat0) from a telnet session?

If I were to diagnose your problem (based on what I know- thus far), I would say that as long as your iSite version matches the iDS version on your idirect modem,  then it is possible that you have never gotten a tcp socket assignment when you initially acquired the network.  This can quickly be resolved by the Hub operator by having him right click your modem in the network tree and have him retrieve your active (remote-side) config.  That process will force a socket assignment.  Then give iSite another try.

M

IP Logged

high
★★

Reply #6 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:46am  
All the ids the same , no matter the ids differ version or the same
when i link the modem in cross cable directly to the computer or using hub (not router ) the modem seem blue other wise its gray , i am sorry for delay in response

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #7 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:20pm  
iSite is a program that runs in your PC and it obtains information to display from the modem.

If it works OK when your PC is directly connected to the modem but not when connected via a local router then the problem is to do with communication between your PC and the modem via the router.  Probably an IP address/routing problem.

Can someone with experience of iDirect and routers help please ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 12:42pm  
high,

You havent answered my question regarding Model type and exact version of iSite.  There is a reason I have to ask that (so frequently in these forums) because some iDS's use a management interface, some do not.  Same appies to the modem type. Legacy netmodems are very different from iNFINITIs.  

My best guess based on what I know, it appears you dont have connectivity on the MGMT interface (sat0) which is the interface that provides those stats.  That, or you have the wrong version of software (as compared to your units software version).  There is always the chance there is a problem on the physical layer as well (cabling).  But I am guessing you have tried different pieces of ethernet cable.

« Last Edit: Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:43pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

high
★★

Reply #9 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 8:01am  
Dear  sir

First as  you geuss , i used all type of cables
second i used now version 8 isite with system in 3100 vesion 7.0.5 (with no secure of course) , i am download now the isite version 7.0.5 to take full compatiablilty versions , and i geuss i will not take ant diffrenece ,
note : i use mikrotek router , and in another system , i use IPCAP server
regrads
ahmed

IP Logged

BalkanTelekom
★★

Reply #10 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:57am  
high,

it is not possible to see the IP stats behind a router even you can access the infiniti modem. The only way is connecting the pc behind the modem directly. I discussed this issue with iDirect technical guys in the past and they confirmed that. The reason is, isite collects the stats from the modem via broadcast messages which are not forwarded via the routers.

Best regards,

Balkan Telekom http://balkantelekom.net
uydu internet http://go2sat.net
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 12:33pm  
Good catch.  I need to stop assuming that users are directly connected to the iDirect unit.

IP Logged

high
★★

Reply #12 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:32pm  
Dear sir
Just for remember , some router (all router is broadcast not foward) are not has this problem , if its so (collecting the info usiing broadcast) , how can add the port or  like that to the routers that permitt the  reach boroadcast  to the user  , thank you for replay for all
ahmed
regrads

IP Logged

Pages: 1