Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Sat installation in Honduras

(Read 5251 times)
Andy Cayetano

Nov 18th, 2004 at 8:56pm  
I tried to install a Directway DW600 in Honduras. I was not able to get signal on Galaxy 4r
My GPS is 15.75 N Lat. And 86.75 W Lon. I am not sure if this info is correct. How can I get signal in an area without zipcode.?

IP Logged

Hector Henry Suarez

Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2004 at 4:56am  
Hi, first I would like to know what type of satellite instalation you are trying to do, it is for TV or Internet. I know about satellite Internet.  So let me know to see if I can help you.

Hector

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #2 - Dec 15th, 2004 at 12:35pm  
Without the right tools, a Direcway signal is extremely difficult to find in the first place. But I believe if you look at your location it'll become clear why you probably can't get a usable signal. Certainly not with the standard (elliptical) dish, anyway. It's a 74cm equivalent, designed primarily for use in the lower 48.

Larger dishes are available. But to make sure your money is invested in the right sized equipment, I'd recommend you hire an installer to perform a site survey.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 9:38am by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

francisp
★★

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2008 at 10:37am  
I also  need equipment for an installation in HONDUras, someone contactg me soon.

adminescriba@gmail.com

IP Logged

Mel_Berry
★★

Texas USA
Reply #4 - Jul 13th, 2008 at 4:12pm  
Hi Andy

We will gladly upgrade (for free) your DW6000 to a HN7000, and then we can get you any satellite you want (SM5, SM6, G11, Hor1, G4, G28 ).   SM5 & SM6 will work anywhere in Honduras with even the smallest antenna size.

You will need the the updated/correct HughesNet SBC file to upload to your modem .

No need to use the Zip Code, with the HN7000 you have the ability to input your LAT-LONG instead of ZIP code.

We have several local HughesNet install/techs in Honduras (Teguc/SPS/Guanaja) if you require one.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 9:39am by Admin1 »  

Mel Berry : Houston Media Systems : Hughes HX & HN - covers North, Central, and most of S America
IP Logged

Pages: 1