Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

how to catch directv 95 satellite

(Read 26271 times)
dishcrazie

Jan 7th, 2005 at 5:53am  
Hi,
How do i catch the 95 satellite that directv has.
i have an elliptical dish that catches 101,119 and 110.
Cani use a normal 18inch dish to get 95? Or do i need a special dish?
where would i need to point it in terms of the azmiuth etc?
Can someone help
thx

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jan 7th, 2005 at 3:30pm  
According to https://www.lyngsat.com/g3c.html and https://www.satcodx7.com/2650/eng/, the DirecTV transponders on G3C/95W are DTV Latin America and DTV Brazil. The antenna coverage (footprint) graphic is pretty small, but it's the second column from the left on the SatCodx page. I'm going to assume you're posting from North America, so that puts you out of that particular footprint.

Even if you could intercept the signal, those transponders employ circular polarization (right/left). Your North American hardware can only handle linear polarization (horizontal/vertical).

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

john ayres

Reply #2 - Jun 28th, 2005 at 2:57pm  
The direct tv latin america coverage from G3C extends from the s. of s. America up thru the Caribbean and into Florida and also California. The info is hard to find.
DLA service is like DTV USA but the frequency assignments mean using a different receiver which has been programmed for DLA.
We have a lot of experience with it as it is fitted in megayachts plying the caribbean charter trade from venezuela to Florida.

Programming is issued from hqs in Puerto Rico or Trinidad.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jan 5th, 2008 at 9:03am  
This is a two-year's late reply, but our DTV technican receives channel 95 here in San Francisco, California, using a separate dish, of course. He has FIVE different dishes! He probably gets programming from Mars.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Aug 3rd, 2010 at 7:38pm  
95ºW Directv LA has footprints that are NOT published.
The North American Ku Directv beams are leased space on G3C.
The Latin American Directv beams footprints are not available.
USA Ku services typically require a 0.75m reflector, DirecTV recommends/supplies the Andrew/ChannelMaster 66E.  This antenna is the bastard of all antennas, using a nonstandard pipe, and 3-point mount.  In typical form, it includes a 101 circular LNB, and a 95 linear LNB with narrow feed opening, manufactured by EA.
The Genius' at DTV have not created a Slimline and LNB pack with 95, 99Ka, 101, 103Ka... (or with 110.119, too) as logical as it would seem.
2) There are North beams and South beams
3) They are from 11450 to 11700
4) It is circularly polarised
5) There are 15 transponders 30 MHz each listed
6) Transponder center frequencies LISTED are the SAME for RHCP and LHCP for 7 frequencies (11484, only LHCP)
7) All transponders are 20,000 symb/sec 2/3 FEC
8) Directv LA LNB's have an LO of 10500 (circular)
9) LNB's are manufactured by EA and WNC
10) 10750 or 10600 Linear LNB's will not serve DTV LA

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 24th, 2011 at 3:08pm  
So you mean you only need single dish to catch all the bands? including international and local with HD also?
That would be really nice

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #6 - May 24th, 2011 at 11:35pm  
Despite what content may or may not be orbiting over 95W, you'd still have to build a custom dish. Most mass market TV dishes have no more than a 20 degree capture arc. The arc between 95 and 119 is 24 degrees. The second dish is a much simpler solution.

/greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #7 - May 25th, 2011 at 3:05pm  
Fixed dishes are sometimes equipped with multiple LNBs, arranged to point at several satellites. The central LNB works best and the ones further out suffer slight, but acceptable degradation, up to say +/- 10 deg either way.  As greg point out there comes a point where a far out to the side LNB results in unacceptable gain loss and cross pol degradation.

Read more: https://www.satsig.net/pointing/multi-lnb-dish-pointing.htm

If you add a new LNB to an existing feed array I would experiment by hand with different feed locations till I got best results, then fix the new LNB in that position.  The pattern of the feeds will be a mirror-image of the positions of the satellites in the sky.
wxw
Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: May 25th, 2011 at 8:34pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1