Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HDTV by Us Satellite...

(Read 2959 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 31st, 2005 at 4:03pm  
is it possible?
I live in Italy and I know there are some feeds coming from us @ https://www.satelliweb.com/
thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2005 at 4:36pm  
Can you explain how your web site receives the images and gets the screenshots.   What satellite receivers do you use.  How do you interconnect to your server etc ?  

A service concept that seemed to make sense to me was where the video/sound was received off satellite and distributed in IP format via a large private IP address LAN network to paying customers.   The LAN could be anything from a local wireless network to a VSAT network.  This means the signal is sent once only. Dedicated, per customer, streaming seems far too expensive.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2006 at 5:44pm by Eric Johnston »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 2:47am  
https://www.satelliweb.com is not my website but I have seen that in Europe some us feeds are fta so my question is do you know if putting a big dish is receible also abc,cbs for example in hdtv?
Which satellite reciever do I need? Scientific Atlanta I think is hard to have...
thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Jan 1st, 2006 at 5:44pm  
Sorry, I misunderstood us to mean us ??

Many of the 'feeds' are not for public use and are intended just for exchange between studios etc.
It is quite possible that some are of the HDTV type.  If you want to test reception I suggest you contact the TV companies concerned and ask about demos, trials etc.

The reception of satellite TV and its relay through the internet is technically possible but it is expensive if you have to feed an IP stream to each individual internet viewer.  You also need a licence from the TV originator.  Such ideas seem most promising in private IP address space such as wireless LANs and VSAT networks where multidestination IP addressing is possible.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1