Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect on Intelsat802

(Read 2926 times)
juneid mohamed

Jan 25th, 2006 at 4:38pm  
hi,

i was setting up a VSAT in mogadishu and i came across the below probem. I aligned the dish to intelsat802 and i confirmed by tuning onto the TV frequency (KBC 11590mhz and 5787 symbolrate) i could receive the signal clearly using a digital receiver and eurostar LNB. However the problem came when i tried to get the same signal on the kuband lnb connected to the feedhorn as ODU and an IDU of a iDirect 3100 serious modem. Using the isite application for pointing i only manage to get 2.1 signal strength which is very weak. Anyone out there who can help me figure this out !
juneid.mohamed@gmail.com

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 25th, 2006 at 7:07pm  
Check your tuning calculations.  What is the downlink carrier frequency?. What is the LNB local oscillator frequency?. What is the iDirect receiver set to? Are symbol rate, modulation, FEC all pre-set correctly? If the LNB is dual frequency do you need to set the LNB volts to 13 or 18 volts or turn a 22 kHz tone on or off ? Is the LNB connected to the receive waveguide with the rectangular waveguide holes and rectangular hole in any gasket all aligned?.

Do you have the correct downlink polarisation ?  Is it the same as the TV programme you received or is it at 90 deg to it ?

Is the LNB connected with good F connectors ?  Are the F type centre pins long enough? do they go in properly ?  Is the LNB DC power selected to ON ?

If you are using some hand power meter to detect LNB signals the signal should be lower when the feed is pointed at the cold sky as compared with your warm hand.

If the replacement feed horn is lower down or higher up on the end of the arm then the dish will need repointing in elevation to find the satellite.   Moving the feed horn up or down moves the beam down or up.
If you have not done dish pointing before note that the peaking up process, after you have found the satellite, requires much time and effort.

Just a few thoughts..

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1