Pages: 1

dish pointing 101

(Read 3932 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 18th, 2006 at 9:24pm  
hey all...
another newbie in the house. he he
i've been reading, searching, reading, searching... and if i've missed the answer to my question(s), i apologize.

so i've figured my location 43.4805N, 80.4994W (a bit exact i imagine..).. and so i've calculated the azimuth, polarisation etc.. via your links (thanks).. but i have no idea what to do with it all. the physical/practical/layman's application has me confused. i have one dish, 2 lnbs and am (attempting) to aim for 119 and 110.
where do i hold the compass?
what is pol tilt/main, polarisation etc?
elevation degrees means what exactly?
so i have answers on paper but am still stumped... hep me! Smiley it would be much appreciated.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Feb 19th, 2006 at 12:55am  
110 and 119 suggest you're trying to align a television multi-sat dish. The site calculator is not designed to produce that type of output. Your DirecTV or Dish receiver provides the angles you need as part of the on-screen setup procedure. For additional help, try the  Search box in the upper right corner of this page.

The elevation angle is the one where you adjust the dish up and down. The azimuth angle is the one where you adjust the dish left and right. The pol/tilt angle is the one where you rotate the dish like a steering wheel. Offset is fixed, don't worry about that one.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1