Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask a question. VSAT service providers and satellite equipment sellers may feature their products free of charge; just register and get posting. Paid-for adverts, top left and top right, on all forum pages, are also available. Read the Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Fixed IP address with DW7000 ?

(Read 2651 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 11th, 2006 at 7:56pm  
Direcway DW7000. Ok its the professional business vers and it suposed to have a static ip. But no one can connect to it. I have conntacted Direcway and they are no help at all.  So this is what it have the dish connected to the modem then that is connected to a linksys wireless router the router is directly connected to  computer 1 and the the wireless is connected to computer 2. The Ip they gave me to use doesnt work and if i go to a find ip site on the net it gives me something completley different. No ip i find will let another computer connect to me. All i want to do is let another computer directly conncet to me using an ip. Help please.
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2020 at 11:32am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 12th, 2006 at 4:03am  
Unlike the 6000 systems on  static IP, the 7000 series does a NAT within itsself from your say 67.xx.xx.xx ip to 192.168.xx private address. The 192 ip range is private and not routable.
A seldom documented fact is, you need to configure the 1st device to your dway modem to have static ip of your dway ip + 1
example, for me to do a dway VPN on my 7700 system:
Connect my computer to dway modem direct via cat5, go into ethernet connection properties, configure tcpip properties to connect to dway ip +1, with correct subnet, with gatewat of dway 67.xx.xx.xx ip.
If that doesn't make sense, go over to broadbandreports website/direcway, look at VPN connection info.

Tom
« Last Edit: May 13th, 2006 at 12:45am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #2 - May 12th, 2006 at 4:47pm  
In general,

Private IP address space is:
10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255
172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255
192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255
plus
169.254.0.0 -169.254.255.255 reserved for Automatic Private IP Addressing.

Should the previous message refer to 192.168.xx.xx ?
I hestitate to barge in and amend the above post..

Best regards, Eric ?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 13th, 2006 at 12:51am  
Eric,
I was thinking 192, but the fingers weren't willing. Feel free to edit any time if I typo something in the future, or if I just get something wrong, no offense will be taken. I check in most every day to help and learn. Dont want to steer anyone wrong by mistake.

thanks,
Tom

IP Logged

Pages: 1