Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Wildblue modem setup screens

(Read 15612 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 10th, 2006 at 4:39am  
Just got WildBlue installed and it has an SM2000 modem. I am curious as to how to get to the setup screens on the modem. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 7:54pm  
Only the WildBlue NOC and your installer have the IP addresses for those pages. It's truly unfortunate that they don't trust the subscriber with stats on a connection they pay good money for. But (so far), that's how WildBlue's playing the game

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 9:34pm  
So it's not like DirecWay where I can see signal strength and such then? Well, that kind of sucks. Thank you for the reply though.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jun 11th, 2006 at 10:53pm  
i am assuming wildblue's setup is simular to xplornet's setup . .

with the xplornet setup, once you initially get a receive lock(2nd green light from the top) you can go to just about any url (should be a .com)(example: google.com) and it will force the modem to a page called the "walled graden" at this page the subscription info appears(name, subscription,mac etc) also here is the target snr and the actual snr. if your actual meets target then you have a submit button and if you dont, the submit button is greyed out. this page ONLY appears when the modem is first activated. once the submit button is pushed you cannot get back to it. the ONLY way it can be seen again is if xplornet sets it back to go there again.

the only way i know of at the moment to check your actual snr on a activated modem is to contact xplornet and ask for it.

respect!

rob

IP Logged

Pages: 1