Pages: 1

Problem with iDirect 3000 Series

(Read 2702 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 23rd, 2006 at 8:05am  
Hi Eric.
I have changed a Provider.
I was on IS 907 My new provider is on PAS10. I have change the LNB as the provider asked. He told me that the Polarisation should be Horizontal but at this position I have no signal. When I put near vertical the signal is good and the Internet Speed too. But Every days I am disconnectet 4 or 5 time a day.
The NOC tell me that the problem is on my site
Did the problem is the dish pointing?
Regards
« Last Edit: Jul 23rd, 2006 at 2:31pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 23rd, 2006 at 8:45am  
If your provider says you should be using "horizontal" receive downlink polarisation then...

Set the receive polarisation to the horizontal starting position.  The broad faces of the LNB input waveguide will be at either side, like so: ...

Now adjust the polarisation angle.  While facing towards the satellite rotate the feed clockwise if the require angle is positive.  Anticlockwise if negative.  

Get the polarisation adjustment angle from https://www.satsig.net/ssazelm.htm or https://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

If you are near the equator you may have to rotate the feed by a large adjustment angle, perhaps 80 deg or so.  This explains why you got a better signal, but accuracy is important - you will receive interference from signals on the other polarisation and you will interfere with other peoples' service.

Horizontal means parallel with the equator, not the ground where you are.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2006 at 5:11pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2006 at 4:15pm  
Thanks Eric.
I have done it.
I was thinking that Horizontal or Vertical is parallel with the ground
Best Regards

IP Logged

Pages: 1