Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask a question. VSAT service providers and satellite equipment sellers may feature their products free of charge; just register and get posting. Paid-for adverts, top left and top right, on all forum pages, are also available. Read the Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

hughes Florida G4R signal loss??

(Read 2878 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 1st, 2006 at 3:46pm  
I have the DW7000 and have had signal strength of 86 up until last month on G4R sat. Best I can get now is 54. tech support switched me to txpndr 970 from 1250 with no improvement. I understand that the new G16 sat resulted in signal loss for fringe areas.

Should I switch to IA8 or another sat? If so which txpnder should I use?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 1st, 2006 at 4:06pm  
Quote:
Should I switch to IA8 or another sat? If so which txpnder should I use?

Don't know where you got the "fringe coverage" info, I would expect G16 to have at least similar - if not better - coverage than G4R. Unfortunately, I've been unable to find a footprint map to confirm that.

Yours may be either a coincidental pointing error - or your account may have arbitrarily been changed to a different satellite/transponder. Have you tried to re-register? Have you contacted tech support? Because customers cannot change satellites/transponders at will. This is an action that must be initiated on the Hughes end.

//greg//

IP Logged

Pages: 1