Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Need VSAT Advise For NGO In Botswana

(Read 2653 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 3rd, 2006 at 8:52pm  
Hello

I'm making an enquiry for a non-profit Private School governed by a board of trustees, in Northern Botswana on installing a VSAT or Similar infrastructure to connect the school to the Internet. I know just enough about this technology to consider myself dangerous so I have come to the experts for any suggestions, comments or advise on the matter.

The school in question, is near Shakawe, Botswana. I envision 1 server and 15 thin-client  workstations, the workstations will be locked down and not used for Internet access so Ideally I'm looking for bandwidth for just the server.

Typical actions performed by the server will be

Perform updates, Download educational material (not very often and does not have to be quick),Basic webrowseing for 1 client only. Email access for 1 client only. Wireless VOIP for one client only (optional)

Below is a list of considerations to take into account.

1) This is a Charity organisation that relies on donations to survive, mention the word cheap and you will make me very happy. Lowest bidder might just win on this one. We are low cost and low usage and expect a low price! Is this too much to hope for?

1) The location is too remote for a link to the national electricity grid and a portable generator is used this means power is disconnected every day! Will this be a problem?

2) Technically minded people are available to install such hardware IT proffesionals mainly but can this equipment be intalled by an adept layman or is this wishful thinking.

3) What is the average products life span and warrenty are  regular service visits are required, how long will it all last?

4) How solid is the technology will the equipment die on me every few days or require a technical tinkering?  We cant pay for ongoing troubleshooting it either works or is not worth it.

I really could use some pointers from all those who have come before me what are the pitfalls can it work?

Please PM me if you have any queries or suggestions

Your donations to the charity in time and expertise is sorely needed.

« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2006 at 2:14am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 8:50pm  
Kindly confirm your budget to get the internet connectivity and if it is okay by my company, we might use the balance on our side as donations to your NGO but we need to known your area of human lifes you are touching. our website is  https://www.burgateinvestment.co.uk/VSAT.htm and you can contact me on burgate@burgateinvestment.co.uk

wxw
« Last Edit: Sep 20th, 2006 at 3:24pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 1:43pm  
For VSAT link in Botswana please contact me on +26771728444 or e-mail  to lmmashy@yahoo.com.We have options for you.

regards

lamma

IP Logged

Pages: 1