Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Most economic satellite broadband for S. Africa

(Read 2702 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Sep 13th, 2006 at 1:34am  
Hi all,

I am looking to bring satellite connections in South Africa. I am looking at the 512kb uncapped fair use VSAT options.

What are the most economic options? Whos the best to go with, IE provider? What price are you looking at for the various pieces of hardware from various providers?

I am based in South Africa, and wish to work with the services throughout Africa.

Looking forward to getting the replies.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2006 at 8:11pm  
my company can connect you with a fairly used vsat equipment on gilat 360e modem. pls check the equipment on our website www.burgateinvestment.co.uk/VSAT.htm
contact me on mail burgate@burgateinvestment.co.uk

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Sep 14th, 2006 at 6:10pm  
if i have a Gilette 360e system provided to me by another company. in my case telkom. is it possible to use this system to point at another provider or ISP?

Who offers the best prices for a simple connection with one of these devices?

Does anyone have a manual for one? Like can I reset it like a router, login, then simply change it to a new provider by working through the firmware?

Im currently paying R500 (about $80 a GB) at 128kb speed. Im looking for the most cost effective solution.

I would also like to offer satellite solutions here in south africa, and if I can find a decently priced provider. Im hoping to find pricing in the region of R1000 (about $160US) for a 512kb link. Can you get them at that price?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 15th, 2006 at 1:41pm  
IT is possible to use your gilat 360e with another provider only if the two of them is not using the same satellite. I am familiar with telkom services, they are on intelsat satellite with c-band but ours is on panamsat 10 satellite on ku band.  You will probably be using 2 watts buc but ours is 1 watt, can you confirm the number on your LNB for me to verify the compatibility.
LPF File is the configuration file that command the modem to look at different satellite and that is the file that will always be program into your gilat 360e. you can visit my site www.burgateinvestment.co.uk.VSAT.htm

We can work together and have you as a reseller in south Africa, do you know how to install a vsat and do you have a license to do vsat business?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2006 at 1:50pm  
you can visit www.gstelecom.com for all your needs across Africa and beyond.

IP Logged

Pages: 1