Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

satellite internet in Greece

(Read 7243 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 5th, 2006 at 1:52am  
Hello

In March 2007 I will be requiring to have broadband satellite internet access in Greece (140 km to the south of Athens).

I will require 512 kbp speed and no download limits (actually I use about 4-5 Gb / month).
Are there any reliable providers and how much do they cost (including equipment, installation monthly fee...)

Also, so far I have only experience of common (via telephone line in UK) ADSL at 512kbp.
Is it true that satellite will be 3-4 seconds "slower" (I think it's called latency) when I send information? I use internet for financial trading and wonder if when I place an order to buy (a stock) it will take a few seconds longer (than common ADSL) to reach my broker.

Thank you very much

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member
★★

Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:10am  
It is able for you to contact our sales requesting proposal.

But regarding the service you require, we have the following solution:

-  Dedicated Bandwidth.

- HW based on Linkstar DVB-RCS tech. Star topology, has only double hop from the point to another and back. so it has 650ms - 750ms.

* You see here the Jitter on our services is only 50ms, so it will be possible for you even to  install a VoIP gateway and freely talk to 3 destinations using our services unlimmited on time!

Please contact our Sales Dep. at sales@globalsats.net for more information.

Regards,
Discovery Global Networks - Support Team

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2007 at 9:05am  
Hi there! If you are still interested, check also www.planetsky.com or contact sales@planetsky.com.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Feb 2nd, 2007 at 2:32pm  
Hi,

Get in touch with servicesat.net, they cover europe africa and middle east and the have offices in Greece and Cyprus.

Regards
TTT

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #4 - Feb 6th, 2007 at 12:06pm  
In March 2007 I will be requiring to have broadband satellite internet access in Greece (140 km to the south of Athens).

We have installed a lot of systems in Greece, have a look at our website, maybe we can help you.

El Molino Systems S.L.
www.europe-satellite.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1