Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

new to Hughesnet

(Read 4225 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 6th, 2006 at 2:45am  
OK, I install for DIRECTV, and I recently acquired a direcway system from a customer. A Direcway dish, and a DW6000 modem. I have a bird-dog signal meter with the latest software. What all do I need to know about installing this as I plan to do it myself?  All of this equipment is compatible with hughesnet right? How do I find the pointing directions for where I live? What Bird does this dish work off? Any info is a help. Thanks!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 4:53am  
My recommendation is to get a HughesNet installer certification. In the process, every single question you asked above will be answered. Assuming you're a certified DTV installer, you should already have a foot in the Hughes door.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

HVYMTL
★★★

Reply #2 - Dec 6th, 2006 at 10:54pm  
Also check the modem serial number with Hughs and make sure it was off contract as a decom and not the result of a upgrade to a 7000 series. Left over upgrades can not be used. If it is a running system not decomed, then you would be liable for back payments or contract etc. then you will need to find a service provider that will set you up.

Tom

IP Logged

Pages: 1