Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Parabolic Dish Pointing

(Read 2232 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 29th, 2007 at 9:07am  
Guys good day to you all!!!
I would like to ask you whether its different when trying to find a satellite with an offset dish or a parabolic one. For example if I want to find Intelsat 10-02 (1.0 west) with an offset dish, I know that the elevation is around 35 degrees. What about if I have a bigger parabolic dish. Does the elevation differs?

Thanks!!!

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 29th, 2007 at 10:36am  
If you have an offset dish, the feed and its components are located bit lower from the center of the dish.
If you have a prime focus, they will be located exactly at the middle of the dish.
If you have an offset dish, you will need to take the offset while calculating the elevation of the dish. For example, if you have a dish with an offset of 10 deg and you are trying to point to a sat located 30 deg above horizon, you will need to point your dish to 20 deg (20deg of physical elevation + 10 deg of offset elevation = 30 deg).
You should check the manual of your dish to see what is the offest of the model you have.

If you are trying to point a dish to get a TV broadcast or you are just going to receive any signal, go ahead and try, though it might take you a good while.

!!!***However, if you are going to transmit as well, you must ask a professional installer to do this job, because unprofessional installation can cause interferences to others that using the same satellite or even to others using other satellites as well***!!!

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Pages: 1