Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

VSAT Providers (Uganda) iDirect

(Read 3323 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Feb 19th, 2007 at 3:29pm  
My organization has become less than satisfied with our current VSAT services provider.  High connectivity loss, high packet loss, and latency spikes that are becoming unacceptable. 

We own our equipment (iDirect 3000, 1.2 M Ku dish) and are actively looking for a good provider. 

Any suggestions for a good provider that hits eastern Uganda?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Mar 2nd, 2007 at 4:41pm  

IP Logged

romioo2004
★★

Reply #2 - May 9th, 2007 at 7:35pm  
Yes we are offiering a service in UG . please send me your email address so i can send you a good offer .

Thanks
Ramy

IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #3 - May 10th, 2007 at 5:46pm  
You might want to consider moving to a C-band service.  Uganda is right on the equator.  For most of the country the climate is tropical; generally rainy with two dry seasons (December to February, June to August); semiarid in northeast.  C-band works much better in the rain for technical reasons that have to do with the frequency wavelength of KU versus C-band. 

A 1.2m Ku dish is likely to experience frequent outages until things dry out in the summer. 

You don't say what size BUC you have.  If you stick with KU, a larger dish and/or BUC may be helpful depending on whether your worst rain fade issues are on the download or upload - probably both.  If your network operator says you have SCPC errors, then you have a receive problem and need a bigger dish.

Latency increases during rain, because TCP data errors occur and that leads to packet retransmissions which in turn lead to significant slow-downs in service.  Your symptoms sound exactly like rain fade to me.

I could be wrong, but your problems really don't sound like they are related to your network operator.  They sound like physical issues due to insufficient hardware. 

If you want to consider C-band (would mean replacing all your gear except the 3100), drop me a line.

Pat

Business Satellite Solutions, LLC
https://www.bsatellite.com

IP Logged

Sharjeel
★★

Reply #4 - Apr 23rd, 2008 at 11:32am  
Dear Sir,

I can provide you a service with a 2.4M dish. Please email us at sales@gtsc.ae if you are interested.

Regards,

Sharjeel Ahad- Sales & Marketing- www.gtsc.ae- sales@gtsc.ae

IP Logged

Pages: 1