Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

How to get a satellite tuner frequency

(Read 3328 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 29th, 2007 at 7:51pm  
Hello all, i am new here and really want to find out how to calculate or get a tuner frequency, for example if i want to lock to Intelsat 901 on a 1.8m dish i know the frequency is 1186, and 1330 on LMI1 satellite. What i really don't understand is how do they come up with this figures? and what are the frequencies for an 802 satellite? or rather is it possible to lock to 802 using 1241? i was given 1255 but i couldn't lock on it using a 1.8m dish. Pls reply

my email address is uatukur@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 30th, 2007 at 8:32am  
Satellite downlink frequencies are mostly in C band (3.4-4.8 GHz) and Ku band (10.7 - 12.75 GHz).  Which is yours ?   Ku band uses small waveguides approx 9mm x 18mm.

The LNB downconverts these RF frequencies to L band for the cross site cable and the indoor modem receiver.  L band frequencies are in the range 950 - 2050 MHz.

The numbers you quote refer to L band tuner frequencies, but the person who calculated them will have made an assumption about your LNB local oscillator frequency.   If that assumption was wrong then the tuner frequency will be wrong.

Read more here: Information about how an LNB works

If you have the correct frequency then possible problems are that you have not put in the symbol rate and maybe your dish pointing and feed polarisation setting are wrong.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2007 at 12:40pm  
Thanks! i am using a C band and the number is for and L band as you said. i am using a satlook (satmaster Pro). i can get a lock on the satlook pointing at 802 with the frequency of 1255, but its not locking on the IDU. I am using a polirizer RHCP and a DRO LNB my angle are well calculated. Thanks for the link it is helpful

IP Logged

Pages: 1