Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Can not lock onto Signal.

(Read 4449 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Mar 6th, 2007 at 12:53am  
I have an iDirect 3000 modem/router and a 1.8m Patriot Dish trying to align to Galaxy 10R satellite located at 123 degrees W.

My location is 32.795278 N and 86.6475 W with iSite my true elevation is 35.54 deg and my actual elevation is 12.94 deg with a polization of 42.61 deg CCW.

I have verified the elevation to be right but each time I try to align the dish to the azimuth my signal never gets above 8.3 with the current signal strength in iSite. I have tried adjusting the elevation and have tried four times to re-align. Any idea why I can not lock onto the satellite signal or get the signal strength above 8.3? Thanks in advance.

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 11:44am  
I don't know what you mean by CCW polarisation, since you don't say in what direction you were facing.

Since you are in the northern hemisphere and the satellite is to the south west of your location the 42.6 deg polarisation adjustment required is clockwise, while you are facing towards the satellite.

If that does not fix it try going to each of the next satellites either side (to the upper left and lower right) in case you are pointed at the wrong one.

If your isite reading increases from a much lower figure to 8.3 when you pass a satellite it indicates that your LNB is connected and working.   If it always reads 8.3 wherever you point the antenna check that the LNB is connected and powered on.

The tuning and carrier parameters in the modem must be correct and match the LNB LO frequency in use.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Mar 6th, 2007 at 4:07pm  
THANK YOU ERIC!

I had the polarization reversed. I'm now getting a much stronger signal.

Again thank you.

IP Logged

ahmedmaher30
★★

Reply #3 - Jul 3rd, 2007 at 1:46am  
Eric,

CCW means counter clock wised

IP Logged

Pages: 1