Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Gilat Satcom Ltd.

(Read 12254 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jun 21st, 2007 at 9:41am  
Gilat Satcom is an international communications service provider, supplying Internet, data and voice services to a variety of customers since 1993.

Among the company's customers are national telecom companies, cellular service providers, ISPs, oil and gas companies, mining companies, government organizations, NGOs and Internet cafe's in over 40 countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

Gilat Satcom provides and offers connectivity to the Internet backbone located in the USA and Europe through an international satellite and fiber-optic infrastructure and offers a variety of applications, including Internet access, data transfer and VoIP telephony. The company also offers mobile satellite communications services, such as telephony, internet and data as it is one of only 40 global value added resellers for Iridium LLC.

Gilat Satcom is traded on the London Stock Exchange (symbol GLT).

Gilat Satcom Ltd.
Email: info@gilat.net
Telephone: +972-3-9255050
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 2:57pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Jun 22nd, 2007 at 9:25am  
Gilat Satcom have sent me a load of information about their activities so I have put a write up here:Gilat Satcom information.

I am wanting to make a list of all Gilat VSAT hubs. Please will anyone tell me of any you know of, together with contact information if possible. eric@satsig.net

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 2:57pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

martinm
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 26th, 2007 at 6:17am  
Well, I have a couple of Skystar Advantage 180 and Skyedge Hub, supplying service in Argentina.

What kind of information do you need?

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2007 at 3:58pm  
We stock and sell/install  Gilat systems over 2 years now in Europe with great succes ! For more info, please visit our website.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2007 at 9:58pm  
martinm wrote
Quote:
Well, I have a couple of Skystar Advantage 180 and Skyedge Hub, supplying service in Argentina.

What kind of information do you need?

You are welcome to send pictures of the hub racks and the hub dish, the story about its installation, how it works, coverage areas, how long it took to learn how to operate the hub, problems found and overcome, successes, failures, customer reactions etc.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Feb 19th, 2015 at 3:08pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #5 - Oct 11th, 2007 at 9:53am  
Hi Eric,

There are a lot of Gilat install photo's on our website. Systems are installed in Spain, Greece and France.
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 2:58pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Aug 14th, 2008 at 5:22pm  
please i want to know how to configure the gilgat skyegde ip modem

IP Logged

BalkanTelekom
★★

Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2008 at 8:50am  
which type of skyedge modem do you use? Old version configured by keys located in from of the modem , new version configured by web page.

best regards,
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 3:22pm by Admin1 »  

Balkan Telekom http://balkantelekom.net
uydu internet http://go2sat.net
IP Logged

Gilat_Satcom
★★

Reply #8 - Sep 1st, 2008 at 3:36pm  
Hi thenobleman,

we are conducting certified resellers training on regular basis. please feel free to contact our sales: sales@gilat.net and will invite you for the next session

IP Logged

slimroykev
★★

Reply #9 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 12:38pm  
PLEASE I WANT SOMEONE ONE TO HELP ME ON HOW TO INSTALL THE DISH AND THE SKYE EDEGE MODEM WHERE TO FACE THE DISH
HOW TO DETECT THE SIGNAL
HOW TO LOCK
ALSO WHAT SATELITE IS GILAT DEBURGNIG FROM?
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT

Quote:
Gilat Satcom is an international communications service provider, supplying Internet, data and voice services to a variety of customers since 1993.

Among the company's customers are national telecom companies, cellular service providers, ISPs, oil and gas companies, mining companies, government organizations, NGOs and Internet cafe's in over 40 countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.

Gilat Satcom provides and offers connectivity to the Internet backbone located in the USA and Europe through an international satellite and fiber-optic infrastructure and offers a variety of applications, including Internet access, data transfer and VoIP telephony. The company also offers mobile satellite communications services, such as telephony, internet and data as it is one of only 40 global value added resellers for Iridium LLC.

Gilat Satcom is traded on the London Stock Exchange (symbol GLT).

Gilat Satcom Ltd.
Email: info@gilat.net
Telephone: +972-3-9255050

« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 2:59pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Green_A_O
★★★

Nigeria
Reply #10 - Jan 1st, 2009 at 5:39pm  
Dear slimroykev,

I will presume that you have the following hardware

1.Antenna,
2.LNB
3.BUC
4.Cables and connectors
5.your Location in planet Earth.
6.an ISP

Solution
Your ISp should be able to tell you what satellite to point to.
example W4, NSS7, IS7/10

Because you have to connect to that specific satellite to in-other the NOC to syn with your site and approve/authentic that site.

Am I based in Nigeria and  Skyedge IP (KU) and sky edge Pro(Ku) both point to IS 907 Satellite

The information your provider gives you and your location will guide you on the direction to point you dish. East or West and also the estimated angle of elevation.

for IS 907 satellite  the Rx pol is Horizonal. and we point west (250-270deg. depend on you location in Nigeria)

next is to login into the modem .
you will need an installer's user name and password to login via web interface for newer model if Skyegde modem

Modem Defaulf IP 192.168.0.1

login and then locate the SAT PARAMETERS:         and Fill in the Satellite parameter providered by you ISP. Usually this is pre-configred by your ISP

Main O/B Modulation      ?
             Main O/B Code Rate      ?
             Main O/B Frequancy      ? KHz
             Main O/B Data Rate         ?

Synch PID      ?
             MC & C PID      ?
             Streamer PID      ?
             Work Group ID      ?
             Software Group ID      ?

VSAT ID: ?      
               IP address: ?      
               Subnet mask :       ?

Save setting

You can Now start Tracking.

If You dont have an ISP and Intelsat 907 is within your satellite footprint, You can  contact hyperia Nigeria or Globaltt  for service

Best of luck.

Best Regards
Green A.O
Nigeria

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

liorkahan
★★

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2009 at 1:33pm  
slimroykev,

please fill free to drop me an e-mail and i will forwarded your request to on of local representatives

BR, Lior
liork@gilat.net

IP Logged

nevcom
★★

Reply #12 - Sep 9th, 2010 at 11:14am  
Please note that Gilat Satcom https://gilat.net and Gilat Network https://www.gilat.com and not the same and their services and products and also not the same, Gilat Satcom are mostly known for using Shiron Indoor Modems, while they were mostly offering C-band to African countries before they lately join the Ku-band offering as well. They have been one of the major players in Africa over time with installations and services all over Africa and beyound....

If you need more information about Gilat Service and installations, please do not hesitate to contact us.... nevcom@in.com
« Last Edit: Apr 7th, 2021 at 3:00pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1