Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

IDIRECT MODEM FREEZES

(Read 3427 times)
esegbue
★★

Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:45am  
PLEASE CAN ANY BODY HELP ME,
MY IDIRECT GET FREEZES AFTER SOME THOUGH ALL INDICATOR ARE OK IT WILL NOT BROWS BUT WHEN I POWER CYCLED IT IT WILL START WORKING PROPERLY AGAIN
I NEED HELP TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE
RELOADING  THE  OPTION FILE CAN IT SOVLE THIS ISSUE
PLEASE HELP

ESE BENIN NIGERIA

IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:24pm  
What model iDirect modem do you have?  NetModem IIPlus, 3100, 5100?

The older NM2+ has limited memory and processing resources.  When it tries to process too many TCP sessions it can freeze up.  Rebooting the modem clears the memory and it works for a while until it gets overwhelmed again.

Too many TCP sessions can be caused by too many active users with open browser windows, or in particular P2P (peer to peer) sessions.  However many times, it's because you have one or more PCs that are infected by a virus that is generating too many TCP sessions and overwhelming the modem - not to mention, eating up all the bandwidth on your link.

You should be able to speak with your network operator and have them check the network management system to review the number of active TCP sessions. 

Pat

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2007 at 5:33pm  
Just wanted to add that in case you will find out that you indeed have too many TCP sessions and you won't want to upgrade the modem, drop us an e-mail and we will assist you to find the way out. A solution would be to have a PEP tunnel established and squeezing all the HTTP traffic sessions into a single UDP stream to our PEP server. This way you'll be able to take the load off your modem.

IP Logged

Pages: 1