Pages: 1

HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY BUC IS BAD

(Read 2961 times)
EDWIN
★★★

Lagos, Nigeria
Sep 17th, 2007 at 9:20am  
DEAR SIR,
PLEASE HOW DO I KNOW WHEN MY BUC IS BAD. AM WORKING AT SITE AFTER LOCKING THE ANTENNA SIGNAL TO THE SPECIFIED   SATELITTE AND FREQUENCY MY NOC SAID THAT CAN SEE MY CARRIER.WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM THAT THEY WILL CAN SEE THE CARRIER ONLINE. AND ON MY LINKSTAR MODEM THE SAT LED IS BLINKING ALTHOUGH VERY SLOW. AND ALL THE PARAMETERS ARE WELL CONFIGURED.

IP Logged

noblechris
★★

Reply #1 - Sep 24th, 2007 at 1:08pm  
Edwin you have to check the contenuity of your tx cable, and you touch the buc and see if it warm or hot to confirm weither current is entring into the buc.

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #2 - Sep 27th, 2007 at 5:43pm  
Sorry Edwin the guy above is trying to be helpful BUT thats not the way to test your BUC , contact your provider and ask them to do a Cleanwave Carrier test it will show if the BUC is performing , if it fails check the cables to be 100% sure and they are good and repeat the CC ,I can sell you a new BUC but nromally they are reliable and your problem could also be related to the modem set up on the TX paramters, by way who is your provider they should be giving you this advise?

IP Logged

Agor
★★

Reply #3 - Oct 1st, 2007 at 2:52pm  
You can follow Norsat BUC troubleshooting suggestion : https://www.norsat.com/support/buc-troubleshooting/

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2007 at 1:46pm  
Hi Edwin,

2 things, first make sure the L.O of your BUC is 4900. Even if its good, your NOC will only see your TX if the L.O of the BUC is 4900. If you are sure of this, then Use a voltmeter to test the power from the tx cable at the BUC end. U shud get approx 24v. If you do, and your BUC is not warm when cable is connected for upto 15mins, then u need to buy another one.

Best of Luck!

IP Logged

Pages: 1