Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect 4-Slot Chassis

(Read 5289 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Dec 22nd, 2007 at 2:18am  
https://www.idirect.net/cs/root/products/hubs/series_12100_universal_4slot_hub

https://www.idirect.net/galleries/default-file/series%2012100%204%20slot%20spec%...

Anyone bought one?  

This is obviously a precursor (little brother) to the eVOLUTION platforms that are right around the corner.  Matter of fact, the eVOLUTION (DVBS2) line cards can snap into this 4slot hub - As you can see from the spec sheet (higher data rates supported).

iDS 9.0 is due out very soon.  It should contain the DVBS2/ACM capability as well as the Freq-Hop mesh topology (versus doing the carrier grooming thing in a single inbound).  

2008 is going to be an interesting year for iDirect.  Hubs are flying off the shelf already....this will throw fuel on the fire.

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2007 at 12:22am by N/A »  

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #1 - Jan 8th, 2008 at 8:04pm  
Hi Mike

its very interist subject ... i see now in the markit a mint PCI card for DVBS (1 way), and i contact with a company work in VSAT field working on (Linkstar DVBS-2) what is the deffirence in service between the two way of transmation? ...

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 2:21am  
Are you asking what the difference is between Linkstar (Viasat) and iDirects DVBS2 technology?

Please clarify.

M

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #3 - Jan 9th, 2008 at 4:23pm  
Hi Mike

yes that was i am asking

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 10th, 2008 at 12:28pm  
Dont have a lot of time to type an illustrious reply but the major difference in the two will naturally be the return channel efficency.  iDirect will remain proprientary (and now patented).  Rather than typing a page of text, I would recommend visiting the Linkstar page as well as iDirects page for a quick compare/contrast.  The spec sheets are all you really need to render an assessment.
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2008 at 4:05pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Y2J
★★

Reply #5 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 7:45am  
Thank for the new Mike,

I heard that the 5IF Hub has an offer with 8 Line cards, All is 150.000 $ as special offer. This will give you the full hardware platform but you can use only* 8 LCs instead of 20 cards, I searched for this offer but I didn't find anything like that. If anyone know about this please let me know. Thanks a lot !

* To activate the remaining cards additional cost to be added to have the Full software package that support All 20 LCs.

Human knowledge belongs to the world..

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 21st, 2008 at 1:04pm  
I have never heard of it.  I would think that a 5IF chassis would be wired for 20 cards in any case.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 7:23pm  
Hello Everybody, i'm Johnson by name and hail from Africa. i upgrade my 3000 series idirect morden to 5000 series. i need the password to logged into isite 7.1. i have the ip already which is 172.18.41.1 its remain the password for the admin. could anyone assist me with that pls. its urgent.

Johnson

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Feb 2nd, 2008 at 8:58pm  
Have you spoken to your service provider?  They are the ones who set it.  You can try the default (below), but if they are half-way intelligent they have changed it by now. 

Default:

admin
iDirect

IP Logged

Pages: 1