Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

site to site communications

(Read 6262 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 23rd, 2008 at 9:50am  
Have iDirect developed the site to site platform, cutting out the hub, does anybody know if it is avaialble yet?
What impact does it have on site hardware, specifically the dish size, does it require more bandwidth, in reality what are the experieinced performances?

Also is there an iDirect KA platform?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 11:52am  
Site to site?  Are we talking Satellite router to Satellite router without traversing the hub? If so, iDirects iSCPC has been around for some time.

As for Ka, the 8350e (eVolution) satellite router will be capable of tuning to 2GHz but will require iDS 9.0 software which hasnt been released yet.  The 8350e's are due to start shipping anyday now. 

Personally, I dont see Ka being too popular with the satellite broadband community.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 1:01pm  

Yes, satellite router to satellite router bypassing the hub, i should have added that it needs to be DVB or similiar and not SCPC.

IP Logged

BalkanTelekom
★★

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 2:32pm  
I think you ask about mesh option on iDirect platform. As far as I know iDirect has mesh option. You need 5300 or 7300 series modem instead of 3100 series. Also there are requirements at the Hub side. Therefore even iDirect platform supports optional mesh functionality I havent heard any provider gives mesh service.

Best regards,
Huseyin

Balkan Telekom http://balkantelekom.net
uydu internet http://go2sat.net
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 2:40pm  
Gilat does, You want the skyedge Pro modem ( DVB OK ).

MSRP in the states is $1599 comes with a 4 watt TX, DRO LNB.  The mesh card adds $599

Spacenet offers the service over their birds. Nice option if you have the bucks, cuts latency in half by eliminating the extra hop.

Service is pricey.  We have done it with 1.2's at both ends

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #5 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 5:26pm  
hi

(Have iDirect developed the site to site platform, cutting out the hub, does anybody know if it is avaialble yet?)

what do u mean by that? its like iSCPC with 5000 idirect series. or that is mean make a VPN?

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 5:59pm  
we want to have a mesh style connection, as bajadudes stated eliminating the extra hop thus reducing the latency.

It is for a voice and data applications which are time sensitive service and also cut out the need for a leased line but in a shared bandwidth pool so SCPC is no good, we want to have this on DVB. It does not to be iDirect but will need the facility to braodcast at 4mb on the upstream (TX).

We will look into Bajadudes possible Spacenet solution

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 23rd, 2008 at 8:00pm  
How much data are you going to move? 

How often and for how long?

If video, is it in a highly compressed format like mpeg4? 

What VOIP codec?

Can you describe exactly what you will be moving over the link?

Whew, 4MB inbound to the sat and then outbound down to the other VSAT can be done but very very very expensive and depends on the answers to the above. We can then pose the question to engineering and sales.

We are an Authorized Spacenet Channel Partner.

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #8 - Jan 24th, 2008 at 9:12am  
Consider using Comtech Vipersat CDM570L modems and dual or quad demods (CDM562/564) at each site.

Such equipment could be configured to provide a thin star network, used mainly for network management purposes, plus multiple single hop on demand and broadcast carriers from any site to any other site or to all sites, set up automatically the moment the traffic demand requires, e.g. voice calls, short term broadcasts etc.  You will need to lease a pool of frequency on the satelite which is then dynamically assigned by the NMS for links between your sites.

In a mesh network the dish sizes need to be all of moderate size (e.g. 1.2m or 1.8m), compared with a star network which has a large hub and tiny remotes (e.g. 6m + 85cm).

As indicated above, iDirect, Gilat and Spacenet offer similar mesh features.  I would be interested to see which best matches your requirements.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #9 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 12:03pm  
Hi

Eric have a good olution for u ... u must get a comtech 570L after that u have two option of service its (DVB/SCSP) or (SCPC/SCPC) that is depend on ur pay able..

best regard

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #10 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 1:21pm  
iDirect is certainly capable of mesh.  Presently, iDirect mesh can only be implemented in a carrier grooming environment (ie. single inbound). 

Freq hop mesh (multiple upstream/inbounds) will be a feature in iDS release 9.0 along with DVBS2 ACM.

Not sure what the smallest aperture iDirects mesh has been tested on, probably 1.8 or 2.4M.  (I heard it has been done with 2.4Ms for sure)

That 4MB upstream requirement (for video) is totally doable right now.  (I am speaking from experience as we do it all the time).  The nice thing about MPEG4P10/H264 is that the video is broadcast quality at 3.5-3MBs of throughtput.

If your concerned about upstream throughput limitations (4.2MBps), iDirect has recently introduced a modification to the NMS mysql that allows you to adjust the upstreams to 6.5MBps (7Msps) in a .793 QPSK environment (only). 

The downstream can also be adjusted to 20MBps (.879 FEC QPSK).

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #11 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 7:38pm  
Hi

You have a very stable service always . TX enable On

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #12 - Jan 27th, 2008 at 8:32pm  
8.0.2.1 gets quirky on occasion.  I still dont think they have the evtsvr bug fixed completely. 

IP Logged

Pages: 1