Home page of Satellite Internet and Information

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.
Welcome to this satellite broadband discussion forum. Wherever you are and whatever your problem we are here to help each other. Connecting to the internet via satellite is not always easy but is critically important to those in remote places or with poor terrestrial infrastructure. Service providers and customers are encouraged to contribute. Register at the bottom of the forum home page if you wish to contribute or ask a question. VSAT service providers and satellite equipment sellers may feature their products free of charge; just register and get posting. Paid-for adverts, top left and top right, on all forum pages, are also available. Read the Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Problem: Signal issues

(Read 1184 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Mar 29th, 2008 at 9:26am  

Dear Eric,

I've a problem with my Signal:

1- Signal: I tried with my digital meter to get the best and to eleminate the message: Viterbi Error Rate as i didn't see it before on any nera terminals, but i faild, however the signal is 7.5 db which is good as the maximum i guess is 8.5 db, so baiscly increasing the signal wont remove the Viterbi Error Rate Message.

So i tried the plorization, if i turned the BUC left or to the right the singal goes down, so it is in the best position, i don't know how to remove the error message.

Viterbi Error Rate samples:

3.576 E-5
2.861 E-5
1.430 E-5
1.192 E-5
4.076 E-6
7.015 E-6

and sometimes there is not Viterbi Error Rate values.

2- Electricity: Today when i touched the tripod i felt a small current and i couldn't keep holding the tripod, i don't know from where the current is, can it be from the connectors ?

3- The signal falls dawn by 1 dB at the night but at the morning it comes back, is there any way to stablize the SNR level ?

My ODU is: 1.8m Ku- Andrew Class I
                  SPV-1SM LNB
                  NJT5037F

My modem is Nera
Cable length: 19m RG-6

Best Regards
Ahmed

IP Logged

Pages: 1