Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

W3A in Sudan Wau

(Read 5244 times)
Space
★★★

May 5th, 2008 at 9:57pm  
list ,

Is W3A well covered in Sudan. I have a customer in Wau  and i am afraid of wasting time to go there to try lock w3a and never get it.  Anybody who has experience in Wau  please tell me about  it.

Space

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - May 5th, 2008 at 10:59pm  
Regarding the downlink contours, see the map above.  Whatever is the nominal receive dish size for the central region (satellite downlink EIRP +45 dBW or higher) you will need to multiply the dish diameter size by 1.12 for each 1 dB step lower satellite EIRP level.

Regarding your uplink transmit EIRP required, see the map above.  Whatever is the nominal dish diameter size and BUC power in the central region (satellite uplink G/T +1 dB/K or higher) you will need to multiply the dish diameter by 1.12 and / or the BUC power by 1.26 for each 1 dB step down.

On both maps I have marked approx where I think Wau (Waw ?) is located.  It is outside even the lowest level contours so operation is not recommended.  If may be possible with an extra large dish but is distinctly uncertain.  The map coverages in the outer regions should not be relied upon and may suffer significant variations with normal satellite movements, frequency and satellite temperature.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

papayeya
★★★

Reply #2 - May 22nd, 2008 at 6:09pm  
If this will  Help you (Hope So), we had 1.8m Ku on the same satellite W3a but in Rembek.

At the first, it was a problem to confirm if it will work there or not, but to cut this i emailed EutelSat directly and they replied after 2 weeks or so with the recommended ODU specifications (1.8m Ku, 2 Watt BUC this is the minimum).

Please provide them with exact coordinates of your site.

ICQ | YIM  
IP Logged

Peter
★★

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2008 at 10:40am  
Hi There,

W3 will be difficult, Pas10 is a sure thing and maybe AMC 12.

Hope it helps

Regards

Peter Samaha&&Lunasat&&"Getting you connected"&&peter@lunasat.com
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 23rd, 2008 at 11:28pm  
We have been using W3a in Wau for 18 months.  No problem with signal strength.  1.8m dish

IP Logged

Space
★★★

Reply #5 - Jul 27th, 2008 at 11:57am  
It actually works on 1,2 very well  SNR  10.5 

What provider  are you working with  ?

WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

neomhm
★★

Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2008 at 6:10pm  
Hi

We provide our internet services through W3A and it's really tough to get clients to get it there.

We operate our services also on Atalntic Bird 2, and it covers the area perfectly.

Let me know if you would be interested in our services. Check www.sateline.com, our website.

IP Logged

Pages: 1