Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

HX Hype

(Read 4652 times)
nynex_sat
★★

May 30th, 2008 at 6:37pm  
Until now i dont understand the Hype about HX in this Forum. We are operating HN infrastructure for the Middle East on W1 Satellite and the HX features are not new to us. More than that, we can also enable HX modems on our network. But performance is equivalent to HN7000S modems.

Best Regards Andreas Buxbaum

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2008 at 10:12pm  
You're confusing the system with the modem I think. A HX50 system for example, typically uses a HN7000S series modem. But a HN7000S modem by itself does not make up a HX50 configuration. The HX part is what makes it unique - in that it's the first Hughes based system that can be user installed (no certified installer required)

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

nynex_sat
★★

Reply #2 - May 31st, 2008 at 11:19am  
Hm no... HX50 is a satellite modem, HN7000S is also a modem. You can run HX50 modems on HX Hub you can run HX50 and HN7000S modems on HN LX HUB.
The requirement to use certified installers is related to HUB operator and satellite operator. It is not related to HUB manufacturer. If the endusers are increasing Noise Level on Crosspolar then he will get problems with satellite operator.

Best Regards Andreas Buxbaum

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - May 31st, 2008 at 12:37pm  
OK, I was a little too general with my phraseology I guess. Yes, the HX50 case is a different color than the HN7000S. But the guts are virtually the same. Have you ever done a side by side comparison of the actual technical and operating specs ? I used the HN7000S example because of working with some folks who actually did have what I described - a HN type IDU connected to a HX type ODU. Plus HN and HX currently use the identical operating system, differing perhaps only by a version number. I can talk a HX50 user page by page through the browser-driven modem interface by using my HN7000S menu as a guide.

But to my knowledge, HX systems are not yet deployed here  in the USA. So from this point it's probably best if I relinquish this discussion to those who actually sell them.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

wafanet
★★★

Reply #4 - Jun 14th, 2008 at 4:23pm  
The HX is NOT a HYPE at all!

This is absolutely incorrect!

Pls I request all to check, https://www.wafa.ae/source/b/wafahxppt.zip

plus a brief on
https://www.wafa.ae/en/vsat/products/hx/

The fact that we have ACTIVE 800 HX users in less than 12 months of its launch further shows even commercially it's not a hype:) but absolutely Above Expectations

We use

1. DVBS
2. ACM
3. PLUS we are the only ones to offer UNIQUE acceleration where we can see uploads on FTP on a normal 512 carrier hitting BURSTS of 3.2 Mbps!

IP Logged

Pages: 1