Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Problem locating Options File

(Read 3841 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jul 9th, 2008 at 7:40pm  
I am trying to help set up the iDirect 3000 system for some coworkers of mine and we are running into a snag. I am able to load the files into the modem with iSite, but when I get to the option to download the options file, I cannot locate it on the computer.

Is this something I need to receive from the vendor, or does the program automatically generate it when I load the othe files. Any assistance would be appreciated as we really don't know what the heck we are doing out here lol.

IP Logged

JS_Miner
★★

Reply #1 - Jul 9th, 2008 at 8:19pm  
Hi,
I am assuming you have loaded the images package on the iDirect.
1. Try opening the options file in notepad, then save it in an easily locatable place, prefarbly your desktop.
2. ensure you have logged into iSite and it automatically detects your modem.
3. Right click and select 'Download Option from Disk'.Locate the Options file on your laptop or PC, highlight it and click Open.
4. When iSite requests confirmation of the download request, click the Yes button.
5. When iSite reports a successful download, click the Reset Now button to reset the Satellite Router.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 1:27am  
So you are saying you didnt have one when you started? (read: Did you receive an options file from your ISP?) 

If not, you will need one.

IP Logged

- Siva -
★★

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 2:02am  
You must get the "Option file" from the Hub Operator. Once your Remote configured at Hub by iBuilder, the Hub operator will able to download the option file (xyz.OPT) for your remote and send it to you. You must load the correct option file to your remote by using iSite. Make sure the S/W version of your Remote is same as Hub S/W version.
Hope this helps..!

Caution..! Always read and understand my procedures, before apply.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jul 10th, 2008 at 7:09pm  
I had figured that he would have to of had gotten it from the ISP. Well. Hopefully the POC that he has been emailing for the past 4 days decides to respond.

IP Logged

smlt_vsat
★★★

Reply #5 - Jul 11th, 2008 at 10:14am  
Hi
Option is not generated Automatically . This is one you can create if you are in hub using ibuilder and save this is your pc which is connected to satellite modem as abc.opt and login to isite and dowload the option file and when finish reset it or if you are not NOC guy ask your ISP or HUb handling Team to Provide the option file

IP Logged

Pages: 1