Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect 3100 DHCP

(Read 3472 times)
romioo2004
★★

Jul 15th, 2008 at 4:57pm  
Dear All ,

I have been wondering about this iDirect platform and need your input on something. The modem should ideally support DHCP among other core functions of a router, but how we can configure these functions. Do you have any idea if these functions are by default enabled on the modem or do the require some input from the HUB?

If these functions do exist on the modem, what is required from our end to activate them OR how can we configure the modem enabling these functions?

The idea is to avoid the client from buying an extra router if the modem can perform these functions.

IP Logged

ahmelect
★★★

Reply #1 - Jul 15th, 2008 at 5:53pm  

that us depend on your provider, he can provide you with privet IP (254) IP, but now as i see most of providers provide a 4 Public IP free and if you need more (8,16...) that will charge a fee on you .. you have no way to configer your modem as a router from ur side and in this case you need an external Router like Linksys, we use a LUNIX server as a router ..

BR

&&Ahmed&&Dar Al-Hikma
YIM  
IP Logged

- Siva -
★★

Reply #2 - Jul 16th, 2008 at 2:29am  
I hope, DHCP feature available at 3100 Remotes. Please read the User Guide for Configuration. I hope, nothing need to be done Hub side. Just enable DHCP at Remote "IPConfig" tab and configure the range of IP's.

Hope this helps.

Caution..! Always read and understand my procedures, before apply.

IP Logged

duckhead
★★

Reply #3 - Jul 21st, 2008 at 4:19pm  
Please see this link... I addressed this earlier to the thread topic of "5000 iDirect IP Router Activation"

Here is a link to that thread...

https://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=idirect;action=display;num=121...

IP Logged

Pages: 1