Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect DVBS2- Questions

(Read 2516 times)
ShareUrKnowledge
★★

Aug 13th, 2008 at 5:17pm  
iDirect DVBS2:

1. Currently with the infiniti series (non DVBS2), when an upgrade is performed on the network (Bandwidth etc) and the remotes miss the upgrade, we have have to load the options file locally into the iDirect.
Is it still gonna be the same with iDirect DVBS2?

2. I also heard about saving 2 option files for 1 modem, on the NMS, pls give details. Is this going to be the answer for question 1?

3. I know we still need iSite software to access the Evolution X3 locally. Do you know if iDirect is planning to implement a 'web interface', similar to Hughes HX?

Please shed your thoughts.

Best Regards,

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 9:51pm  
What iDS do you presently use for iNFINITI?  Are you an HNO or VNO?

Reason I ask, is that unless you change a DOWNSTREAM CARRIER SPEC you can use the Revision Server to upgrade out of network remotes.  No need to do it locally with iSite unless that is how you desire to do business.  Be advised, the Revision Server is available in iDS 7.X and 8.X for iNFINITI platforms.  I assume the S2 platform has this capability but I cannot say 100%.

The Rev Server keeps track of any remotes that havent received the upgrade and multicasts the BSP, image and OPT to it periodically. So, if a remote is in a state of DownRev (as viewed in the revisions server GUI) you can instruct the NMS to upgrade it (download, flash, and reset it).  Any remotes ID'ed as UPRev are loaded with the current iDS/OPT.

As for the Web Interface with HX, I cannot answer that one as I dont deal with HX systems.

IP Logged

ShareUrKnowledge
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:05pm  
iDirect DVBS2:

I am familiar/aware of the Rev. server. Any ways thanks for that.

Yes, I was referring to situations when changes are made to the DOWNSTREAM CARRIER SPEC.
I was referring to the ability to retain both old and new configs in the NMS (even if its for a certain period of time) and thus avoiding 'loading options files locally'.

Web Interface with iDirect: I have addressed this to iDirect R&D, shall share the outcome.

Best Regards,

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 13th, 2008 at 11:22pm  
As I am sure you are aware, you can CHANGE a downstream carrier spec but only remotes that are CURRENTLY active will receive and incorporate the change.......once the remotes are pushed their new configs, the network side will eventually have to be pushed which in turn will isolate nodes that were out of the network at the time .....requiring them to be loaded manually.  Changing specs on a FWD carrier can be painful....just catching up the alibis.....

I dont believe iDirect has the interface you speak of, as iDirect does not run on a Microsoft platform like the HX system does.  It is pretty much all RHEL3.  I believe they have software that can be used to build your own interface.....check with them.

IP Logged

Pages: 1