Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

anyone have the orbital slots for Hughes Net

(Read 5604 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Oct 27th, 2008 at 8:13pm  
If anyone has the orbital slots I would really appreciate them.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 8:23pm  
I'm having a difficult time with the concept that you're selling satellite service - but you don't know where they are.

FWIW - Hughes only owns one satellite that's useful for satellite internet access. That's the Ka-band Spaceway 3, located in the 95W orbital slot. But they do lease quite a few Ku-band transponders on:
AMC6 (72W)
Horizons 2 (74W)
AMC9 (83°)
AMC3 (87°)
Galaxy 28 (89°)
Galaxy 17 (91°)
Galaxy 26 (93°)
Galaxy 3C (95.2°)
Galaxy 16 (99°)
Satmex 6 (113°)
Satmex 5 (116.8°)
Galaxy 18 (123°)
Horizons 1 (127°)

//greg//
« Last Edit: Oct 27th, 2008 at 10:16pm by USN - Retired »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 8:38pm  
Greg, thanks for the reply. I am in sales, but I was given this task today by my boss.  I am not sure if this is the info I needed? I know that Direct TV was 101, 110, 119 degrees. Dish Network was 110, 119, 129 degrees and Wild Blue was 109.2 and 111.1.
So 95 degrees west is the only one for Hughes? I have to complement you on all of the knowledge you bring to the table. I just joined this site to find out that info and I have seen that you answered alot of questions. If I don't here from you I guess I will turn in 95 degrees west as the only one. You are probably right I just assumed that they used more slots.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Oct 27th, 2008 at 10:04pm  
Those DirecTV and DishNetwork satellite locations broadcast digital video only. They have nothing at all to do with internet access. Whereas Hughes owns both DirecTV and HughesNet, they don't mix TV and Internet services on the same satellite.

And whereas WildBlue offers Ka band internet service over two satellites - AnikF2 leased from TeleSat and their own Wildblue 1 - they're BOTH located at 111.1W. There is nothing currently orbiting at 109.2W. And Hughes offers internet access via the 14 satellites I listed above. The entire Ka-band satellite they own at 95W is dedicated to internet access, as are about three dozen leased transponders on the 13 Ku-band satellites listed.

I think that should be pretty clear. What gets confusing, is that DirecTV and DishNetwork are now marketing both WildBlue and HughesNet internet services. But as I said above, they don't mix and match on the same satellite. One set of satellites for TV, another set for internet.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1