Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

help finding W3 in iraq, hx50 system

(Read 2393 times)
kamisama12
★★

Nov 16th, 2008 at 7:54am  
Hello,

I have been trying to find W3 for the last two day, using the software signal strength meter i can get a 29. From reading on this forum I know that usually means I'm on the wrong bird. I have checked my az and el and they seem to be spot on. I have made sure that the polarization was done at the back of the dish, the feed and LNB have 505 and the single notch away from the feed arm. Can anyone provide any tips or suggestions on something i might be overlooking.

Thanks

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2008 at 10:15am  
You are receiving a strong signal from some satellite but your receiver demodulator won't lock up since the signal does not match your modem configuration.

Could be:
Wrong satellite
Wrong polarisation
Wrong modem configuration
Wrong type LNB local oscillator frequency

Photos of your dish might be useful.  Assuming you started with the feed arm at the bottom and the LNB up, which would give actual horizontal polarisation, you probably now, after polarisation adjustment, have the whole dish rotated approx 43 deg clockwise, while viewing toward the satellite.

Does your configuration sheet say that the nominal receive polarisation is horizontal ?

Check that the modem tuning frequency and symbol rate match up with what is on your configuration sheet. 

You might send me eric@satsig.net your configuration sheet and a screen shot (do alt prtscn and then paste into Paint, save as .jpg file) of your config page.   Also, please say what type/model number LNB and any frequency numbers on it like LO=9.75/10.6, 10, 11.3 GHz etc. 

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1