Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Data Transfer Interrupted

(Read 3850 times)
dimych
★★

Nov 24th, 2008 at 2:25pm  
That's the message I get in FireFox when I try to get to gmail.com, hotmail or school webmail. It also sometimes occurs with other websites completely seldom, but hotmail and gmail - always.

Any thoughts?

I have tried decreasing my MTU size to 1300 at the router (cisco2600) and it seemed to work for a bit, but now it's back to the issue.

Funny thing is that skype, MSN, ICQ, etc run just fine.

Provider had been a bit unresponsive, looks like whole country dies on the weekend heh...

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 8:54am  
Try Google for "Data Transfer Interrupted McAfee"  There is some suggestion that the problem may be due to incomplete removal of a previous McAfee product.

If your PC has previously had McAfee installed and it is now "removed", you may need to run the Mcafee removal tool.

This page may help https://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507&lc=1033

Please say if this fix was applicable and if you do it please say if it fixes the problem or not.  Note that downloading and running any software risks messing up your PC.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

dimych
★★

Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2008 at 10:43pm  
Strangely enough, I think it may be due to switches we use out here....  We have a couple of switches connected through cisco 2600 to our iDirect, and if I'm going to gmail from the first switch, it's all good, but if I'm dazy-chained off second one (which is plugged into the first one), it gets all screwy.

I can visit other https sites just fine.

I have dropped our MTU size too, like some folks at google suggested, still nada.

This may be a wrong quorum for the question, but, heck, may be someone actually experienced this on their small networks!

IP Logged

Pages: 1