Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Urgent-Idirect 3000 satelite router Rebooting

(Read 2610 times)
xcel4eva
★★

Dec 15th, 2008 at 8:22pm  
Hello Sirs,

Infact maybe I should shout HELP....fire on the mountain. SOS please some one save me.
My idirect 3000 series Satelite router is rebooting itself even after hooking up to my ISP after every 5-10mins.

I have been reading the solutions to some of the problems pertaining to this issue and believe me I have tried through telnet the commands version_report and am having the version 7.1.1 that i uploaded into the modem. In fact its been working perfectly for one month till this issue started .
And I have also noticed something that when its only me on the network browsing directly from the modem its stays for more than 30 mins before Rebooting but once the cafe load is put on it, it starts Rebooting itself every 5mins. In fact bottom line is that the modem is Rebooting itself.Please what can i do now.

Please someone help me and give me a solution to this.
Thank you

seun&&&&icedlux@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2008 at 11:58pm  
https://www.satsig.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=idirect;action=display;num=122...

Above is a decent reference for cutting and pasting the opt when falcon is rebooting.  However, I am thinking your problem may be something hardware or software (iDS) related (because you state that it runs fine for 30mins).  So, I would consider reloading the BSP and software image to see if your problem persists.  Also, please ensure that your options file (version) matches your software version and ensure that it has no special characters on the tail end of the text (wingdings, etc).  Ensure it is clean at the bottom....

Suggest you check that Cafe load (opt) and ensure it is not a HUB side options file...or possibly an options file that is for another iDS version.

M
« Last Edit: Dec 16th, 2008 at 2:32pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

xcel4eva
★★

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 6:19pm  
Hello Mike,

Thanks for replying me. Am very grateful. In fact thats what i thot also that it might be an hardware and still be a software problem. I have decided to format all the cafe systems cos i figure maybe there are viruses or encoded p2ps that causing too much TCP packets to be sent all at the same time. Maybe its bombarding the modem.
And since then the modem has not rebooted itself now that we have 10systems on the network. the rest are still in the formating process. As soon as they are through i will get them all on the network.
At the same time am doing the recovery process of the modem now as i have told the provider to send me a new option file .
As soon as am through with the recovery and the formating ill watch the modem and tell u my results.

Thanks once again for helping me out. Grateful

seun&&&&icedlux@yahoo.com

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2008 at 11:22pm  
Your welcome Seun.  Let me know how it turns out.

IP Logged

tunde300us
★★★

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2009 at 2:03pm  
Hi seun,
U can mail me and lets share experience cos i have seen dis kidna stuff before but i guess its sorted out now.email address is tunde300us@gmail.com

IP Logged

Pages: 1