Advertisment: Broadband via satellite
Advertisment: Worldwide satellite services from Ground Control Company

www.satsig.net

Satellite Internet Forum.

Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Who is the best to have hughes vs wildblue???

(Read 13760 times)
Wolfin
★★

Jan 3rd, 2009 at 8:26pm  
Well to start this off i have hughes.net service right now!
am i happy with it no!!! not at all!!!! there is always something wrong on my end that needs a tech to repair it!!! had the people that istalled it over two years ago come out and they tested everything put new ends on the cables out side then hooked it all back up and tried to get on the internet then said this was all at hughes.net end not mine!!!!! now that the Christmas season is here it has gotten worse some day you can get on others only for a few seconds!!! i call tech support and after going through all that same page readout for them they say that want $125.00 to $150.00 to send a serviceman out every time the conversation ends this way!!!
i was told by D&D satellite that if it was on my end it would not be intermitant unless it was the weather doing it
so the Question is who has the better service wildblue or hughes.net or ?????
could use some help here please!!!!! i drive truck for a living and am not home much and the kids bitch to Mom about not being able to get on the interenet and in turn i get bitched at from my wife to get this dam thing fixed!!!!
the hughes satellite is oblong with a hn7000s modem
and yes i get all of the errors that i have seen on this site to with this same service
     Thanks for any and all Help!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #1 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 8:42pm  
No satellite connection can be considered better than another - if the original installation is substandard. In a nutshell, you either get a good install - or you don't. Those with good installs are seldom heard from again, those with bad installs end up on sites like this.

However, some customers have unrealistic expectations from their satellites than cannot be satisfied with even the best of installs. So - before offering any troubleshooting advice I need to ask: what do you expect from your connection that you feel that you are not getting?

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #2 - Jan 3rd, 2009 at 10:34pm  
when this system was first install it was with the wd4000 modem (think that is right!) it worked like a champ i was awere of the FAP and a total of a 169meg limit!!!! but for what we did and do that was no big deal!!! the proplem is as i will say it is no service
it seems that when there is no school or a holiday the sevice at my end is not there when you go to get on the internet ' HUGHES SYSTEM ' i get all the light lite up but the these errors

This state indicates that your terminal is not able to bring up the Web Acceleration connection. This may be due to a problem in the Receive or Transmit link or in the HughesNet Network Operations Center.

If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support.

or

This is typically due to a problem in the receive or transmit link. When the HN7000S terminal is in this state, no applications get the benefit of TCP Acceleration. The HN7000S terminal may recover from this state by itself in a few seconds if there is no other "Red-Flagged" status on the "System Status" page. If this persists, try power-cycling the unit to see if it recovers from this state.

or one of the other problems
Signal Strength is aways about 78 for silverton oregon unless it rains then goes to around 60 has gone as high as 82
so lets say for the last 3 weeks today is the longest that we have been connected to the internet with this system before maybe 15 minutes tops in the very late evening during the day dead!!!!!
the system control center page right now is like it was when it was first installed no problems????? can ya figur that out but last night you could not get a DOT pulled off the internet!!!!!   D&D satellite said that hughes has oversold there service so if you have a low price account like we do then our service would be cut back to give those that pay a higher priced service would get the bandwidth!! dont know if that is true or not but it is what i would do if i was in there shoes!! is it fair no!!!!
as for me using it not that much! my wife does and are Boys are on it after school chat rooms and myspace and the likes but as they say from the sells point of view alway on broadband well it is not always on is what i am getting at if it has to be cut back to dialup speeds the do that not cut off service
case in point for two solid weeks nothing not one web page pulled up in less then 3 to 4 minutes when you could get it to work then only lasted less then 10 minutes!!!!today less then 30 seconds for any web page
i honestly do not think at this point all my problems with hughes.net service has or was on my end of the system
i think it has been at there end all this time

now that said is there any one that has had hughes.net and gone to some one else and has gotten better service and less problems or is it all owned by the same corperation with differant names added

thanks    Bill

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #3 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 1:36am  
For the moment, I'm going to assume that D&D Satellite is just using that as a convenient excuse to cover up the fact that they don't know what's actually wrong.

RSL of 78 is ordinarily very usable, but it's only half of the connection. Check 192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html and go to Transmitter/ACP Stats. Tell me what your last Validate Isolation and Revalidate Isolation numbers are. Then go up to Transmitter/ General Stats and tell me the numbers behind Stream Messages ACK'd and Stream Messages NAK'd. Finally - go up to General/Summary, and tell me what your Rate Code is.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:55am by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #4 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 5:59pm  
sorry this has taken so long we are back at no service with this error

This state indicates that your terminal is not able to bring up the Web Acceleration connection. This may be due to a problem in the Receive or Transmit link or in the HughesNet Network Operations Center.

If the problem persists, please contact Technical Support.
so here is that page
ACP Server Status : ACP Server is available

ACP Server Version : Non-regional ACP
Installer ID sent to Server : AUTO 
Remote's Longitude and Latitude : 122.5W / 44.8N

---------------ACP Statistics--------------

Last Validate Isolation..... 0           Last Revalidate Isolation... 67

Pointing Queue Full......... No          Pointing Queue Depth........ 0
Validate Queue Full......... No          Validate Queue Depth........ 0
Revalidate Queue Full....... No          Revalidate Queue Depth...... 0

User XPOL Pointing Requests. 0           User XPOL Validate Requests. 0
Self XPOL Validates......... 0           Self XPOL Revalidates....... 1
NOC XPOL Validates.......... 0           NOC XPOL Revalidates........ 0
XPOL Validate Pass.......... 0           XPOL Validate Fail.......... 0
XPOL Revalidate Pass........ 1           XPOL Revalidate Fail........ 0
XPOL Backoff................ 0           Time (s) Since Pass XPOL.... 32074

Minimum Revalidate Interval. 259200      Maximum Revalidate Interval. 157680000
Short Random Backoff........ 1500        Long Random Backoff......... 864000

Queue Indications........... 1           Queue Indication Discards... 0
Testing Allocations......... 1           Testing Allocation Discards. 0
Measurement Results......... 1           Measurement Result Discards. 0
Directed ACAPs.............. 3           Total ACP Requests.......... 1
Subsystem State............. 0           Test State.................. 0
XPOL Revalidate Timeout..... 0         

---------------Last ACP Validate/Revalidate Statistics--------------

Last Validate Timestamp.....                                 Last Revalidate Timestamp.... SUN JAN 04 03:37:45 2009
Last Validate Isolation..... 0                               Last Revalidate Isolation... 67
Last Validate SQF........... 0                               Last Revalidate SQF......... 79

second page

--------- Allocated Inroute Message Statistics --------
Stream Messages ACK'd......... 100218      Stream Messages NAK'd....... 292157
NonStream Messages ACK'd...... 5184        NonStream Messages NAK'd.... 18640

Aloha Starts.................. 5708        Ranging Starts.............. 0
WakeUp Aloha Starts........... 0           DNCC Busy................... 0

Allocated Stream Bytes........ 89918085    Used Stream Bytes........... 79591815

------------- General Transmit Statistics -----------
Tx Superframes Count.......... 103678      Tx Superframes Size......... 13887743

No Frame Information.......... 1555        Not Sync'd to Network Timing 472
No Receive Demod Lock......... 1061258     No FLL Lock................. 151126
No Transmit Synth Lock........ 0           Miscellaneous Problems...... 453

----------------------+---------+----------+----------+----------+----------+
                     |      CBR|Priority 0|Priority 1|Priority 2|Priority 3|
Packets in AQM Queue           0|         0|         0|         0|         0|
AQM Queue Size                 0|         0|         0|         0|         0|
Packets Received               0|     31458|     53288|         0|     18932|
Bytes Received                 0|   5843947|   6731329|         0|   1315937|
Packets Sent and Acked         0|     17119|     35477|         0|      6123|
Encoded Queue Flush            0|      2740|      3403|         0|       535|
Latency > Thresh Drops         0|     25173|      5724|         0|      6141|
Pkts Latency > 2000 ms         0|     40792|     26680|         0|     22062|
Pkts Latency > 10000 ms        0|     32578|     14715|         0|     13204|
Latency Last Value (ms)        0|        40|       190|         0|       800|
Latency High Water Mark        0|     60000|     60000|         0|     59950|

and

Adapter Main Statistics:
------------------------
Signal Strength.............. 79      Stream Msg-Ackd/Nakd........ 100247/292201
Flags............... 0x00001020       NonStream Msg-Ackd/Nakd..... 5188/18640
UpTime (d:h:m:s).. 002:23:37:32       Aloha Starts................ 5712
WakeUp Aloha Starts.......... 0       Ranging Starts.............. 0
Transport Alarm Bit.......... None    Frames Received............. 2808189
Addresses Open............... 7       Frame Errors: CRC/Bad Key... 0/0
Carrier Info........ 117:W:1130       Miscellaneous Problems...... 453
Rate Code........  256k 1/2 (TC)      No Receive Outroute Lock.... 1061258
Inroute Group................ 50      No FLL Lock................. 151126
Inroute..................... -1       No Network Timing Sync...... 472
IQoS ID...................... 0       Current Modcod.............. 8-PSK 5/6 (15)

Rate Code Selection: Selected the highest available rate

Ranging Reason: Ranging Done

Inroute Group Selection: Ranged at inroute rate selected by IQoS

Receive Status:  Receiver operational.  (RxCode 5)
Transmit Status: Transmitter ready. (TxCode 8)

and with it i get this message

Web Acceleration Client Error (515.2) - Upstream TCP Connection Establishment Timeout
The Web Acceleration Client could not create a TCP connection with the web server or proxy server. Retrying the web page may correct the problem.

hope this helps
because i gust about done with this service

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #5 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 6:40pm  
You have a definite hardware problem.
Stream Messages ACK'd......... 100218 Stream Messages NAK'd....... 292157
and
Rate Code 256k 1/2 (TC)

I didn't think it was possible for a modem to count more errors than packets sent, so that could be a glitch - but it's definitely not right

Neither is the 256k 1/2. That's likely your second to worst fallback configuration. Both issues point to a transmit problem. Could be on your cable path, could be your transmitter. Could be modem, but the other two are more likely.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #6 - Jan 4th, 2009 at 11:46pm  
would the cold have something to do with this???
i think by the time a tech came out and did his or her thing the cost would be more then a new system

Signal Strength 79 
Note: Signal Strength is not an indicator of browsing speed. Precipitation can affect Signal Strength. If you do not see a red flag next to any of the status messages on this page, you should be able to browse the Internet successfully.
Receive Status Receiver operational. (RxCode 5) 
Transmit Status Transmitter ready. (TxCode 8) 
Software Download Status All files are up-to-date. 
Service Status Commissioned [Keys updated] [Service History]
TCP Acceleration Status Operational 
Web Acceleration Status Operational; Upstream Addr: 69.19.14.32 
Diagnostics Code 0000-4000-0400-0043
Fair Access Policy Threshold Exceeded NO

this is not right D&D should have picked up on this should they have not????
they told me it was not at all on my end that cost me $150.00 with the sevice call and all
i think i will try to find out who does the installs for wildblue and try and to there service since no one has said nothing if they were or are better then hughes.net
got to go to work i will get back to you next weekend if something else changes!!!
thank you for your help and all it seems that you might know a LITTLE bit about this stuff again thank you

Bill

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #7 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 1:05am  
If your receive quality is 79 all of the time, excepting for some fading during rain, then the receive side at the site appears OK.  It should be possible to push/pull on the dish, hit the LNB (moderately ! ), waggle the rx cable and shake the modem and and have no effect on the rx quality readout.

Some statistics are shown above, which appear to have been accumulated over 2 days 23 hours.   Are these statistics still increasing ?  Do the errors increase progressively and slowly with time or do vast numbers of errors get recorded occasionally during brief 'bad' periods ?  What is the symptom, if any, now ? 

The immediate post above suggests a normal working system to me.  Then it says "This is not right"  What is not right ?   If intermittent transmit problems are still occurring please say.  They could be due to a hardware fault. 

Does waggling the tx cable cause any outage ?   Is the dish loose and does pushing it cause outage ?  Temperature changes can cause faults to occur.  Does it work better when warmed up or cooled down ?

Is there water or ice in the transmit waveguide ?

One thought..  Is 79 the peaked up receive quality and how does it compare with similar dish size and location sites using the same outlink carrier ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #8 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 5:05am  
Quote:
The immediate post above suggests a normal working system to me.  Then it says "This is not right"  What is not right ?   .
That's just the Hughes equivalent of a cover sheet Eric, look closely at the more detailed statistics above it. Specifically
Stream Messages ACK'd......... 100218 Stream Messages NAK'd....... 292157
NonStream Messages ACK'd...... 5184   NonStream Messages NAK'd.... 18640
Something has skewed the transmit error percentage horribly. I'm sure you know that it's possible to have a bad TX, even while observing a perfectly good RX. So consider then, that a degraded TX can prompt server response errors - like the Web Acceleration errors that prompted this thread.

WebAccel errors can be generated by problems at either the subscriber or at the NOC. So the first rule of troubleshooting is to determine at which end the problem lies. To abitrarily assign full blame to equipment at the NOC - as the installer has reportedly done - is only half of the job. The subscriber equipment must first be cleared of any share of the blame. Hopefully we can come up with sufficient evidence to support remedial action at the subscriber end. With that done, then any remaining errors can be laid at Hughes doorstep.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:59am by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #9 - Jan 5th, 2009 at 5:13am  
Quote:
this is not right D&D should have picked up on this should they have not????
Not necessarily. In all fairness, HughesNet installer training & certification (in the USA) consists of a one-day course of instruction consisting pretty much of a video, some visual aids, an intro to their Field Service Bulletins, and question/answer period. There is little if any emphasis in post-installation troubleshooting. Good installers basically learn by trial and error, and those that don't care - don't learn. Hughes' philosophy is to rely on their tech support architecture to diagnose from afar, then send an installer back out to take directed remedial action.

Unfortunately, the 1st two tiers of tech support are outsourced. The call center is 100% scripted, manned by support personnel who've likely never even seen Hughes equipment. The 2nd level is slightly more informed, but it's often difficult to get the call center to escalate your case to them. It's only at tier 3 and above that you actually speak with support personnel who actually draw a Hughes paycheck.

In a nutshell, that's why support forums like this exist. Those of us who've been around for a while, can often help uncover enough supporting evidence to convince the lower levels of tech support - to escalate a case to someone who might actually DO something about it.

FWIW, Wildblue installer training consists of an online course and multiple guess test. Antenna pointing on their systems is procedurally different, but no less critical than on HughesNet systems. But at least the WB call center/tech support is still located in the same country it serves.

One last thing about your WebAccel errors. Do you view your Diagnostics Summary regularly? If not, there's a running 24 hour overview of major anomalies in various statistical categories. It's located at 192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html by selecting Diagnostics/Hourly History. Note there are two lines for Web Acceleration status. If/when you see red X marks on either of those two lines, it's important to note whether they're on the [I] line or the [N] line. By clicking on a green check mark or a red X, you can view the associated statistics collected for that particular 60 minute period. Fair warning though, a lot of the terminology is proprietary - especially the acronyms - and there's no cheat sheet we can refer to for help.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:57am by Admin1 »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #10 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 7:29pm  
IM BACK!!!

Sorry just got back home and my wife has laid into me about this dam internet problem!! i dont think i want to come home no more!!!!

first i am a capable hand but at the geek side on this satellite i am one of them that say i dont even know what that is!!! this 192.168.0.1/fs/advanced/advanced.html
page i did not even know this was there!!!!

ok looking at this system i got this modem hn7000s
cable that goes up to the dish a back plate a support pole to the front reciever some little box in the middle
and some eye looking thingy in the front ( thingy!! grandson says that alot)

talked to my wife and got this out of her everything was fine till the first time it got way cold and started snowing
and this was at the same time school break for X-MAS

now i have gone up on the roof and cleaned the green slime off of the dish cleaned the hornets nest out of the nose piece and check the cable and mounts!!
i have had the people that installed this thing back in 2002 come back and checked this twice back in 2005 it did this same dam thing on the dw4000 modem so i know assuming that we were getting a rerun i called D&D Sat then i found this web site (dont know how!!!)

First and formost United States Navy Retired thank you for your help!!!! and thank you for your service to are GREAT COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  i got three hole in my body and they would not let me collect a forth!

we are still getting the same problems but not as much since the temp has warmed up and the kids are back in school i have checked are fap policy and have not gone over that for a month and a half
could this be that box on the satallite??? if it is how much would that cost?? this new modem cost us about $125.00  i honestly do not know what way to go??
stay with hughes or get a new system from wildblue!!!!
i just know after being out on the road for a week to two weeks at a time then coming home to get bitched at about this is getting to me the boy have to go into town to there sisters to use her internet connection to do the home work and my wife is bearing down on me about that to

So thank you for all your help!!!!!
« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2015 at 10:57am by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #11 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 8:07pm  
Well, I'm a grandfather too - so am quite familiar with the ravages of age. Same thing happens to satellite equipment that's exposed to the elements full time. Any number of components could be simply dying of natural causes. But for the moment it sounds as if you have a bad connector on one of your cables. If your system dates back to 2002, it's likely got crimp-type connectors and a copper covered steel conductor with a low frequency response. Hughes has since specified that installers use only compression type connectors now, and bare copper conductor cable that will pass a mimumum of 2.2 MHz.

Anyway. There's a chance that moisture is getting underneath one (or more) of your old connectors, then causing problems when it freezes. Next time it warms up, the problem goes away - temporarily.

That said, the HN7000S is a far superior modem to the old DW4000. As I just indicated, cable and connector specs are more demanding. In short, you're using old hardware with a new modem. Rather than try to figure out which of all those connectors might be leaking, I'd suggest all new cable and connectors - inside and out. Everything should be marked as swept up to at least 2.2 GHz (3.0 is better); including cable, connectors, and ground block. Cable must have a solid copper center conductor (not copper coated steel).

Since you're a long time HughesNet customer, I'm going to take the liberty of moving this discussion to the HughesNet/Direcway category.

//greg//

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #12 - Jan 10th, 2009 at 10:45pm  
the cable when this was installed was a hard point for me to swallow i had to go to prat electric to get a roll of this stuff for the intaller 500 foot roll of it solid copper core and triple shielded  the install told me it would be cheaper for me to supply  the cable then to buy it off of him!!!
if i feel better tomarrow i will go up on the roof and look at the cable ends and see what i can do

wish the phone company could at least give us half speed dsl out in the boon docks intead of having to deal with this satellite stuff

IP Logged

Wolfin
★★

Reply #13 - Jan 18th, 2009 at 4:51am  
back from playing trucker
and still see this TCP Acceleration status "not operational !!!!!!
some time this hughes system workes but most of the time not!!!
went up on the roof and checked all the cables all looks great!!! noticed on the inward???clear plastic cover a little moister on the inside???

ACP Server Version : Non-regional ACP
Installer ID sent to Server :
Remote's Longitude and Latitude : 122.5W / 44.8N

---------------ACP Statistics--------------

Last Validate Isolation..... 0           Last Revalidate Isolation... 0

Pointing Queue Full......... No          Pointing Queue Depth........ 0
Validate Queue Full......... No          Validate Queue Depth........ 0
Revalidate Queue Full....... No          Revalidate Queue Depth...... 0

User XPOL Pointing Requests. 0           User XPOL Validate Requests. 0
Self XPOL Validates......... 0           Self XPOL Revalidates....... 0
NOC XPOL Validates.......... 0           NOC XPOL Revalidates........ 0
XPOL Validate Pass.......... 0           XPOL Validate Fail.......... 0
XPOL Revalidate Pass........ 0           XPOL Revalidate Fail........ 0
XPOL Backoff................ 0           Time (s) Since Pass XPOL.... 111331

Minimum Revalidate Interval. 259200      Maximum Revalidate Interval. 157680000
Short Random Backoff........ 1500        Long Random Backoff......... 864000

Queue Indications........... 0           Queue Indication Discards... 0
Testing Allocations......... 0           Testing Allocation Discards. 0
Measurement Results......... 0           Measurement Result Discards. 0
Directed ACAPs.............. 0           Total ACP Requests.......... 0
Subsystem State............. 0           Test State.................. 0
XPOL Revalidate Timeout..... 0         

---------------Last ACP Validate/Revalidate Statistics--------------

Last Validate Timestamp.....                                 Last Revalidate Timestamp.... FRI JAN 16 16:21:49 2009
Last Validate Isolation..... 0                               Last Revalidate Isolation... 70
Last Validate SQF........... 0                               Last Revalidate SQF......... 78

and

Adapter Main Statistics:
------------------------
Signal Strength.............. 80      Stream Msg-Ackd/Nakd........ 3647/11836
Flags............... 0x00001020       NonStream Msg-Ackd/Nakd..... 429/469
UpTime (d:h:m:s).. 000:04:03:59       Aloha Starts................ 430
WakeUp Aloha Starts.......... 0       Ranging Starts.............. 0
Transport Alarm Bit.......... None    Frames Received............. 270079
Addresses Open............... 7       Frame Errors: CRC/Bad Key... 0/0
Carrier Info........ 117:W:1130       Miscellaneous Problems...... 17
Rate Code........  256k 1/2 (TC)      No Receive Outroute Lock.... 1331
Inroute Group................ 50      No FLL Lock................. 396
Inroute..................... -1       No Network Timing Sync...... 0
IQoS ID...................... 0       Current Modcod.............. 8-PSK 5/6 (15)

Rate Code Selection: Selected the highest available rate

Ranging Reason: Ranging Done

Inroute Group Selection: Ranged at inroute rate selected by IQoS

Receive Status:  Receiver operational.  (RxCode 5)
Transmit Status: Transmitter ready. (TxCode 8)

and

General Stats
------------------------------------
Network Time: SAT JAN 17 23:21:49 2009
------------------------------------

Stream Messages ACK'd......... 3672        Stream Messages NAK'd....... 11841
NonStream Messages ACK'd...... 430         NonStream Messages NAK'd.... 472

Aloha Starts.................. 431         Ranging Starts.............. 0
WakeUp Aloha Starts........... 0           DNCC Busy................... 0

Allocated Stream Bytes........ 2516310     Used Stream Bytes........... 2095539

------------- General Transmit Statistics -----------
Tx Superframes Count.......... 5216        Tx Superframes Size......... 612476

No Frame Information.......... 19          Not Sync'd to Network Timing 0
No Receive Demod Lock......... 1331        No FLL Lock................. 396
No Transmit Synth Lock........ 0           Miscellaneous Problems...... 17

|      CBR|Priority 0|Priority 1|Priority 2|Priority 3|
Packets in AQM Queue           0|         0|         0|         0|         0|
AQM Queue Size                 0|         0|         0|         0|         0|
Packets Received               0|      1329|      3815|         0|        72|
Bytes Received                 0|    262065|    346610|         0|      3801|
Packets Sent and Acked         0|       787|      1645|         0|        14|
Encoded Queue Flush            0|       195|       269|         0|        12|
Latency > Thresh Drops         0|         1|        27|         0|         1|
Pkts Latency > 2000 ms         0|       430|      2105|         0|        68|
Pkts Latency > 10000 ms        0|       107|       470|         0|        45|
Latency Last Value (ms)        0|      3520|      1260|         0|       100|
Latency High Water Mark        0|     57600|     59620|         0|     54030|

been trying to understand all this but cant
the sky here has been no cloudes all day and night
and most of today we have not been able to use this internet thought maybe it was the cold weather but it is colder now then in the day time D&D satellite still says
it would be my best bet to get anther satellite service the man is not backing off his statment that it is hughes
.net problem

why work some times and most of the time not

This is the normal Web Acceleration state when you are "not" actively browsing HTTP based websites. Your terminal will automatically bring up the Web Acceleration connection when you start browsing HTTP based websites.

Note: Secure HTTP (https) traffic does not use Web Acceleration. So if you are only accessing a secure site
(such as an Online banking site), Web Acceleration may be Inactive.

If you need further help, please contact Technical Support.

IP Logged

oksatguy
★★

Reply #14 - Jan 21st, 2009 at 11:28pm  
One thing I didn't see in your post.  When you received the upgrade to the HN7000S, did they also replace the radio on dish outside.  The radio is the "thingy" with the metal tabs to allow for cooling. If they did not, then it is important to note that the HN7000 unit will NOT work either well or at call with the Chinnon style radio.  You must have an Isis radio for the sytem to funciton properly or you will have tremendous TX failures, as well as hair loss from pulling your hair out because your system does not work.

IP Logged

USN - Retired
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Kentucky (USA)
Reply #15 - Jan 22nd, 2009 at 1:15am  
Quote:
If they did not, then it is important to note that the HN7000 unit will NOT work either well or at call with the Chinnon style radio.  You must have an Isis radio for the sytem to funciton properly or you will have tremendous TX failures,
I respectfully disagree. I followed the DW4000->HN7000S upgrade path, and got another year's good service out of my old Chinon ODU - before eventually upgrading to a 2w Osiris on a 98cm Prodelin. I seem to recall the transmission error rate remained pretty consistently around 0.002

It's rather a moot point though, given how difficult it is to find a replacement CHINON transmitter anymore.

//greg//
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2009 at 4:28am by USN - Retired »  

USN (Ret)

IP Logged

Pages: 1