Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

iDirect refusing to lock Rx

(Read 1857 times)
Malachy
★★★

May 8th, 2009 at 1:45pm  
Dear TDMA Mike,

I brought up a site o n NSS7 using iDirect 3100 series router and was ok.  My modem is on a UPS and power fluctuation is a common phenomena here.  Power went off and was powered by the UPS briefly and then off.  On resuming the next day, the Rx light at the back of the modem is ok but the Rx signal on the control application is off and also in the front panel.

What can be the issue and how do i go about the same
I am confused on what must have happened.
Malachy

YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 8th, 2009 at 3:51pm  
1. LNB Have power?  If your LNB requires DC please confirm that voltage is present at the LNB with a multimeter. If voltage is present, do you have a spare LNB (same LO) that you can swap in?

2.  Can you confirm that you are still properly pointed?  Do you have a specan at your location to look for NSS7 beacon (for your POL)?  If you have a specan, ensure that you are still peaked on the craft.

3.  Has the Hub operator changed anything on the downstream (forward) carrier lately (modulation, coding, symbol rate, anything?)?  You may want to call them and get your Ku (RF) down freq (in MHz), subtract your LNB Local Oscillator (LO) from that freq and ensure that your Lband freq specified in your options file is right.  When you have them on the phone, ensure you ask them if ANYTHING has changed on the downstream carrier recently.

Bottom-line: There has to be a reason why you do not have a receive light (rx lock).  If I were to take a guess, I would say your problem is the lack of DC power to the LNB (or possibly a faulty LNB all together) or your are not pointed properly.  There is also a good chance the Hub changed something....recently.  

M
« Last Edit: May 11th, 2009 at 11:53am by N/A »  

IP Logged

sdanishsaleem
★★

Reply #2 - May 11th, 2009 at 5:59am  
you need to check the status of modem by connecting the  console and verify its software i.e falcon also try to install cummulative and remote packages with option file again.

IP Logged

Pages: 1