Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

can't access modem through iBuilder?

(Read 2778 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

May 29th, 2009 at 8:45pm  
hii guys

i can't access my modem through iBuilder even i connect my laptop to my modem through lan cross cable & i can ping my modem.why

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - May 30th, 2009 at 1:04am  
Not following you.  Need additional detail beyond what you have stated.  Are you sitting on a modem? Or on the hub? 

Are you a Hub Operator or remote user?  Have login credentials for iBuilder and the IP address for the NMS?

IP Logged

duckhead
★★

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2009 at 7:52am  
Yah Mike said it... 

If your using iBuilder from a remote perspective than that would be why you can't see it...  You need to be using iSite...

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2009 at 10:13am  
I'm a remote user i want to connect to my 3100 idirect modem which is connected to my laptop physically through cross cable

is the credentials of iBuilder differ from that for isite & ip also?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2009 at 2:07pm  
iBuilder is a GUI used to latch onto the NMS and its server processes.  It is a HUB tool to configure the entire network (Hub RFT, Remote RFT, space segment, crafts, line cards, and protocol processors).  Your Hub uses it to BUILD and control the network.  The only tool available to the remote user is iSite (as duckhead mentions).  iMonitor is another tool used by the hub.  It MONITORs the entire network.  They are very impressive tools and if you ever get the chance to use them, you will know why I made that statement.  iDirects fidelity in managment is second to none.
« Last Edit: May 30th, 2009 at 11:10pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - May 30th, 2009 at 2:56pm  
hello Mike 

first of all thank you for the great help you offer.

remember the thread  about putting another option file diffrent from mine after some tries i got tx & net leds working

i mean not flashing as i got in the first try. although i can't got internet connectivity there is some thing missing 

after i check my friend option file parameters (who subscribe in the same isp of mine)  i found that is 50%  similar to mine except the following groups:

[MODEM_PARAMETERS]

[ACQUISITION_PARAMETERS]

[UCP]

[TIMEPLAN]

[SPOOF]

[ENC]

[NET_ENC]

so what is parameters refer to?

another question my modem now is unlocked can i use my option file to unlock my friend modem which is the same model as mine the same isp the same satellite (Express)

IP Logged

fluffymassive
★★★

SA. Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 4th, 2009 at 1:50am  
The options files are created with your own iDirect modem model and serial number in iBuilder. Using the serial number and model number a DID is derived.

Also the lat/long in the modems would be different (unless very close) and will need to be changed to match your location. These differences in the lat/long will cause different aspects of your options file to be different to another options file.

IP Logged

Pages: 1