Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

telnet commands not excuted!!

(Read 2428 times)
lnuxxunl
★★

Jul 6th, 2009 at 4:43pm  
hiii guys

when i telneted to y iDirect box & excute some commands like tx options .every thing return to it's original state after rebooting.

how to save the changes even after reboot?

IP Logged

bod
★★

Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 7:06pm  
All telnet commands are only temporary. For a change to become permanent, it must be changed at the hub and a new options file loaded.

During the boot process the iDirect modem reads the options file and loads that specific configuration for use.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2009 at 12:15pm  
Quote:
hiii guys

when i telneted to y iDirect box & excute some commands like tx options .every thing return to it's original state after rebooting.

how to save the changes even after reboot?

I assume you are attempting to change the Tx power.  If so, that is not possible because the iDirect unit is going to use whatever necessary power margin it has to meet the configured UCP (Uplink Control Parameters) for TDMA.  Which is normally 9 dB (+/- 1dB...read: the sweet spot is normally 1 dB wide).  The entire network (all of the modems under a specificed inroute group) must achieve that 9dB (or whatever value is specified, naturally for C or X bands that TDMA value is much lower).  So to summarize, if you are trying to adjust power by a few dB (because you are under weather, and you realize that you do in fact have the power margin available), the NMS is still going to keep you contained, and adjust you right back to whatever dB is required for YOUR bursts to arrive at the line card, at 9dB (the UCP).

You are not alone because as I mentioned above, everyone under that inroute group is required to achieve 9dB as well. Hopefully that makes sense to you.  

IP Logged

Pages: 1