Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

horror stories with Numeo France

(Read 3932 times)
numeof
★★

Jul 12th, 2009 at 11:36am  
I made the terrible mistake to order the satellite solution of Numeo last november.

To get it working they send the wrong password, their modem initialisation prodecure did not work, their helpdesk is the worst I ever encountered, they do not respond to any phone call, registered letter or email, untill the 7 day trial period has passed. Then you are stuck with a 2 year contract.

Their Fair Use Policy is a nightmare. If you pass your assigned volume, you are put back immediately to 16kbs!!
No gradual descend at all as they say in their general conditions!
No control panel to monitor your volume.

As they do not respond to any letter, phonecall or email they left me no other choice then send their stuff back.
Now invoices are coming in fast, with letters of ushers, threads, etc.

So . . . think 10 times before to let you in with numeo.
Do you have similar experiences, visit www.numeof.com and share your story.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2018 at 5:26pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Jul 12th, 2009 at 1:58pm  
Please say if this is a Tooway system.

If so, you should read about Tooway in the TooWay forum.

Both Bentley Walker and El Molino Europe Satellite are reputable suppliers of the TooWay service throughout the Europe coverage beam area. They sell other VSAT technology services also.

Note that Tooway has a variety of tariffs, each with different FAP Mbytes download limits, for example:

53 Mbytes in 1 hour  = 117 kbit/s
100 Mbytes in 4 hours = 25 Mbytes per hour
300 Mbytes in 24 hours (day) = 12.5 Mbytes per hour
800 Mbytes in 168 hours (week) = 4.7 Mbytes per hour
2000 Mbytes in 672 hours (4 weeks) = 2.9 Mbytes per hour = 6.6 kbit/s

If you need less move to a lower tariff, if you need more go to a higher tariff.

All this should have been made known to you prior to buying the service.  Service providers who say that the service is "up to 2 Mbit/s" or "up to 3 Mbit/s" and say that it is "unlimited" are banned from this web site.   All such cheap services must say that they are shared.  In the lowest cost services, 2 Mbit/s download might be shared with perhaps 200 other customer sites simultaneously.  The actual 2 or 3 Mbit/s may only be achieved for some seconds per hour till you reach your 53 Mbytes sliding hourly limit as per above example.

The Tooway minimum tariff is fine for the lowest useage customers.   Intensive users need to pay the highest tariff.  Ask about current tariffs and corresponding up to date FAP download thresholds.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 7th, 2009 at 10:25am by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

europe-satellite.com
★★★

London UK
Reply #2 - Jul 20th, 2009 at 3:00pm  
Their Fair Use Policy is a nightmare. If you pass your assigned volume, you are put back immediately to 16kbs!! No gradual descend at all as they say in their general conditions! No control panel to monitor your volume.

Above is not controlled by Numeo but by the Satellite Provider Skylogic. So even if you change to an other reseller you will have the same problem as soon you pass your limits.

You can download a free program from our website to monitor your traffic.

Dont forget, you get what you pay for and Tooway basic subscriptions are realy for basic use Smiley

Any reseller should inform you upfront about the limits, I agree. This can save a lot of problems Smiley

Have a look at our website regarding Tooway traffic and conditions.

IP Logged

numeof
★★

Reply #3 - Aug 27th, 2009 at 8:09am  
I am fully aware of the disadvantages of FUP.
My biggest problem was the company Numeo. This is the worst company I ever encountered!
-their helpdesk is unreachable
- You pay 0,34/min instead of 0,15/min. also when you wait, wich is illegal! and you have to wait long and retry several times
- If you get finally someone on the phone, you get a noknow who tells you right away that it is your problem and hangs up before your nose!
- They do not respond to any letter or email

I talked to the conseil General. They told me they get piles of complaints about Numéo

IP Logged

Pages: 1