Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

How to check the configuration of idirect modem

(Read 9657 times)
PrinceAustine
★★

Aug 3rd, 2009 at 3:54pm  
Please can anybody tell me how I can use telnet to check my idirect modem and the commands i can use in checking the configuration, and how to get to telnet with my laptop that uses Windows Vista, and the type of cable that i can use to do it?
I am a newbie in VSAT installation. I will be happy if u can send the details to my email or this forum. my email is lifeisgoodaus@yahoo.co.uk.
Thanks for your support

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2009 at 6:23pm  
Provide me with some background on your setup. 

What type of modem?
How many clients hanging from that modem? 
Do you know the IP address of your modem? 
Do you know the IP address(s) of your cleint(s)?
Do you have a console cable? (maybe a baby blue cisco console cable, or the equivalent of one?)

Reason for the above questions- I am trying to determine if you have a cleint hanging from that iDirect box that may or may not reside in the same subnet.  If you do in fact have a client attached (and in the subnet) the task is relatively simple.  Just establish a telnet session to eth0 of that iDirect unit.  If you do not have a client hanging from that unit, then you will need to configure a laptop or desktop to talk with the unit before you can open a telnet session to it.

M

IP Logged

PrinceAustine
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 5th, 2009 at 12:48pm  
the modem is idirect 3000 series satellite router.
its connected to a secured wireless and 4 are connected.
yes.
yes, it's on DHCP.
I have a corssover cable.

Thanks for your early response.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 6th, 2009 at 12:48pm  
You can connect a few ways.  You can either get on console of the iDirect and at the prompt (#) you can type telnet 0 and login with admin/P@55w0rd! or you can telnet to the unit from a laptop on the subnet (one of your clients).   Unsure if you use XP or Vista, but you simply pull up a cmd window and type telnet XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX <your IP address. Hit enter and login with the username and password for falcon (your options file). 

Recommend you go the console route as it is the easiest.  Once on falcon (via that telnet) you can perform commands such as options show, etc and look at your opt in text.  Use the help command to display a full list of usable commands.

IP Logged

Pages: 1