Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Pointing to 57 E NSS 703

(Read 4207 times)
Mondwa
★★

Aug 12th, 2009 at 9:43am  
Hello i have a ididrect 3100 modem and a 3 watt ext  BUC i have spent three nights trying to point to Business Com sattelite with no luck, all i can get is a 6 v reading in Isite. Would the lnb b the problem? i have wrote BusCom and they have re-checked the opt file and the packages they sent me. I dont understand what could b the problem.

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2009 at 11:06pm  
Hi Michael,

I see Lynn and Nik are already assisting you with this. After all we have checked, cables and connectors come next to my mind as well so I'd follow Nik's advice and would double check them first.

LNB can cause this problem as well. Bad LNBs are not as usual as degraded cables or rusty connectors though.

Has your equipment been working before with a different provider/satellite?

IP Logged

Mondwa
★★

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 3:26pm  
Yes Nik has been helping but still with no luck. I have tried everything from cables to buc to lnb.  I cant get anything above a 7 v. I can point right to the ts2 satellite if i change the opt file so i dont understand? any help?

IP Logged

Mondwa
★★

Reply #3 - Aug 16th, 2009 at 9:24am  
Is there anyone that has clearence to get on the military base's here in iraq. I need help pointing to Bussiness Com. I have tried with no luck. I can only get a 7 v reading

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #4 - Aug 16th, 2009 at 11:49pm  
I will meet Nik tomorrow and will discuss this with him in more detail to understand where things are now. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

IP Logged

Maxim Usatov
★★★

Czech Republic
Reply #5 - Aug 17th, 2009 at 6:52pm  
Hi Michael,

I've talked with Nik and the only thing left to do would be to check the options file for the third time which we are doing right now. Nik will send yet another version shortly.

If this won't work then I would suspect poor antenna alignment. If your equipment worked with one provider but failed to receive a signal from a different satellite then only poor antenna alignment comes to my mind. While you are waiting for the file it makes sense to double-check the azimuth and elevation angles as well as the polarization tilt angle against those that Nik has sent you originally.

Unfortunately I don't know VSAT installers in your area, however maybe someone will be able to respond with a hand of help here. We can check if we can dispatch an engineer to you from Baghdad but that could be rather expensive due to the risks involved. Please let me know if you would still like us to check this option for you.

IP Logged

Oasis Networks
★★★

Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2009 at 7:39am  
Where is the vsat located? Maybe we or anyone else can help.

www.oasisnetworks.net - Oasis Networks - Online with you!
IP Logged

Pages: 1