Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Remote Support of VSATs

(Read 2796 times)
inquisative
★★

Oct 11th, 2009 at 6:16pm  
Hi Folks,
I've installed numerous VSAT's on behalf of a Satellite Broadband Provider (SBP). The SBP has it's own Earth Station/NOCC. It provides it's broadband services direct. i.e. the SBP is not a 2nd/3rd party provider.

I have the  management IPs, Public IP's, gateway IP's for all of the modems/VSATs I've installed.

I get my own satellite broadband from the SBP so I'm on the SBP's network.

My Question - purely technical curiosity:
How do I go about being able to see into the Satellite modems that I've installed i.e. from home.

Do I need the intervention of the SBP? i.e does the SBP have to set me up in the NOCC so that I can access the VSATs.

If not, why can't I log in to the modems given that I have the Public & Management IP's of each Sit/VSAT.

Any help much appreciated.  

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
YaBB Moderator
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 11th, 2009 at 8:11pm  
Ask the NOCC for help.

There may be limitations set regarding inter-site, private IP address, communications with particular protocols.  If the NOCC is agreeable, this can be amended by editing the Cisco router access list filtering so that particular protocol and source IP address/mask are permit or deny to destination IP address/mask.  This may already have been done where a multi-site customer has sites for the purpose of inter-site communication.

Alternatively it may be possible to give you limited access to the NOCC system itself with restrictions as to the areas you can see and change.  This makes you a virtual network operator (VNO) and allows you to manage your group of customers, commission and terminate sites, monitor traffic and status. iDirect does this with discrete hub hardware (e.g. 5IF hub) but I believe there are new hub designs from other manufacturers with VNO functionality to allow multiple companies to control their own remote sites.

Please say what it the technology of your system and I will move this entire thread into some more suitable forum caregory.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

inquisative
★★

Reply #2 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 1:51pm  
Hi Eric,
The Systems are STMi 1000 and STMi 1910's.

Regards

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #3 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 2:42pm  
I think that is Avanti Europe. We don't support that specific technology in this satsig forum. I am moving this thread to the Europe category.

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

Pages: 1