Pages: 1

Problem in AB1 for south america

(Read 2857 times)
Neerlan_Amorim
★★

Roraima, Brazil
Oct 20th, 2009 at 7:55pm  
Hello,

My ISP is Bentley Walker, and I have four sites in Brazil in the Amazon.
In the last months I have experienced some connection problems. Today I am with the four sites without having to synchronize, and the SAT light flashing fast.
The support of Bentley Walker says the problem is local, or physical problem here (alignment of the antenna, cables or connectors).
All this has been checked, but I think the problem is not here.
You have the same problem? or any tips?

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2009 at 12:59pm  
If you have four terminals that have previously worked normally, and all of them are suddenly and at the same time now fast flashing green then maybe there is uplink interference on your return link frequency so that no site can communicate to the hub.

The same symptom at all sites suggests a common cause such as satellite interference or hub problem.  A symptom at one site suggests a local fault.  But, don't rule out the possibility that all sites may have deteriorated and failed progressively at different times due to corrosion caused by moisture inside the transmit BUC cables.

Do all sites still have good receive quality ? What is the QPSKBER at each site ? (0.00001 is very good, 0.01 is very poor)

This is all speculation, so please get back to BW and keep them up to date on the status of each site and they can check them out from the hub end.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2009 at 3:31pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

Neerlan_Amorim
★★

Roraima, Brazil
Reply #2 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 3:03am  
Today three of the four terminals are working.
As I said before, already checked the cables RX and TX, connectors and antenna alignment. The level of signal is good QPSKBER 0.0000 for two terminals and 0.000 for the other two terminals.
Only one of the terminals is not synchronizing, and he's QPSKBER 0.0000.
The support of Bentley Walker said the problem is on my antenna, say it is not correct, it is not for KU band, and in the datasheet of my antenna shows that is for KU band.

IP Logged

ManesER
★★

Reply #3 - Oct 30th, 2009 at 4:07am  
I encountered this kind  of problem when I was in Midle east, You need thing to do is coordinates to your provider and check the configuration step by step, You need to be sure that your configuration are the same with your provider, otherwise try reset the everything. shutdown the devices for the few minutes and then turn on again. same with the provider side. it will be help coz some devices will be hang

erm

IP Logged

Pages: 1