Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Need dedicated Internet Afghanistan

(Read 3079 times)
cpugrud
★★

afghanistan
Nov 3rd, 2009 at 12:06am  
I'm looking for a dedicated (1:1) Internet link, minimum 768k/256k unlimited service.

I currently have iDirect 3100 and 1.2m dish.  I'm specifically looking for service from a satelite not low on the horizon.  I'm willing to change hardware, as long as the hardware can arrive within 10 days.  I do have a satlink micro and can point and tune the installation.

I will probably be able to move to a 2.4M dish in a few weeks, if that helps.

Best contact point is chris@kafpow.net.

Service location is Kandahar Air Field.
« Last Edit: Nov 3rd, 2009 at 1:07am by cpugrud »  

IP Logged

pgannon
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2009 at 4:02pm  
Hello Chris,

We can provide VSAT service in Afghanistan using C-band, and requiring a 2.4m antenna.  Let me know if this is of any interest.
You mention a 1:1 dedicated Internet link at 768 x 256 Kbps.  Few iDirect operators will deliver a 1:1 contention ratio on their iDirect shared service hub because that one client eats up almost an entire line card in the hub, and the cost of the line card has to be built into the service.

1:1 dedicated service normally implies SCPC service; however you need an iDirect i5100 for this as the i3100 does not support SCPC. 

My guess is that you do not really require a 1:1 service, but that you have used other shared services with unsatisfactory results.  More likely you need service from someone who does a better job of managing oversubscription; and you probably require at least some dedicated bandwidth (CIR) in order to support real-time applications like VoIP as well as to guarantee a minimum level of satisfactory service regardless of how busy the rest of the shared network might be.  It's important to select an operator who does not oversubscribe CIR, as it is no longer "Committed" once you oversubscribe it.

If you can contact me offline with the following information, I will be able to make a better recommendation for you:

1) What is the use of the site (Internet Cafe, govt/military use, VPN, business office, etc.)?

2) How many PCs will share the service in peak busy hours?

3) How many VoIP lines will be active at the same time and what codec (G.723, G.729, Skype, etc.) will they use?  Note that Skype is a bandwidth hog.

4) How many concurrent webcams during peak busy hours?

5) What if any "special" applications such as VPN, Citrix, database queries, large/frequent file transfers, streaming content, etc. will be required?

Based on this information we will provide you with a range of options that should meet your requirements at an affordable cost - with unlimited access.

Patrick Gannon
Business Satellite Solutions, LLC
www.bsatellite.com
pgannon@bsatellite.com

IP Logged

A.Walker
★★★

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2009 at 12:17pm  
We can provide you with dedicated Bandwidth for this system with your existing dish, we have a service on Sesat 53 East and Eutelsat W6, both have good elevation for Afghanistan with strong signal levels.  Please contact sales@bentleywalker.com

IP Logged

Abdul Wassay
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 10th, 2009 at 7:05am  
Hello Chris,

I've sent you an email, please reply.

Regards,
Abdul

Email: m.latife9@gmail.com&&Cell: +93 799 803 002, +93 786 803 002&&Kabul, Afg
WWW | YIM  
IP Logged

blackjeans02
★★

Reply #4 - Nov 27th, 2009 at 4:06pm  
Hi,
We can provide you VSAT service on 1.2 Mtr,I-direct modem in 48 hours after confirmation. please mail me...gaurav@universalservices.af

Gaurav dhingra
YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1