Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

idirect ABS with dual seatel configuration

(Read 2563 times)
ScotlandTDMA
★★

Nov 12th, 2009 at 10:07pm  
folks

I have an issue, we are using ABS with our packages at the moment.

The problem comes with a new install comming up and the customer wants 360 degree view with two seatels using the blockage zones to define the antenna to operate on.

The issue comes that with ABS the iDirect modem talks to the Antenna controller via and ethernet connection and only has the ability to connect to one IP address.

With this configuration there will be two antenna controllerd which means we cannot talk to both of them.

if you only connect to one of the antenna controllers when that antenna goes into blockage the iDirect modem gets the status command from the antenna controller and switches off the transmit.

Is there anyway of getting the idirect to talk to the two modems or do we have to go in the direction of having two idirect modems and a data switch????

Please help

Thanks

YIM  
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2009 at 8:46pm  
Wow. That is a a challenging requirement and I must say you are going to have your hands full with it. There must be considerable blockage and a tight SLA driving this.

I recommend that you call iDirect and ask to speak to engineering or one of the senior members of the TAC. Ask for their professional opinion of what you are trying to accomplish to determine if it is even possible. I am thinking it isnt, but it never hurts to ask. Anything is possible with the right dollar figure. Smiley
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2023 at 5:16pm by Admin1 »  

IP Logged

skyler
★★

Reply #2 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 1:48pm  
We had the same issue.  We used a rf/if waveguide automatic switching unit between the two Seatels.  When the DAC would detect a blockage zone or below threshold limit it would send a signal to the rf/if switching unit and it would then switch to the other Seatel unit.

IP Logged

ScotlandTDMA
★★

Reply #3 - Nov 16th, 2009 at 2:19pm  
Skyler

The issue still stands that with the baseball switch in place that the iDirect can still only talk to one DAC when changing beams thus the other DAC is not able to move over this would have to be done manually.

TDMAMike

I have raise the issue with the senior guys in iDirect and am awaiting feedback just wanted to check if you guys had any ideas on the situation

Cheers for the help guys

YIM  
IP Logged

Pages: 1