Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

S2 and e850mp/e8000 mir

(Read 2417 times)
wbailey
★★★

Nov 25th, 2009 at 7:51pm  
I'm pretty sure I can set a max information rate lower than the smallest information rate on a particular inroute group .. right?

I'm looking at adding a 200kbps inroute group on some 1.2m dishes with a 1-2 watt buc.. however there are no variation in the datarates (it's a constant 19.2kbps).

I was thinking about just giving it a min info rate and max info rate and not applying any GQoS (I use application based instead of per remote).

Mike .. Eric.. others.

Opinions?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:55am  
W,

I am not sure I fully understand your question.

Just make sure you are aware that the terminal/node MUST be capable of closing the symbol/info rate of the upstream carrier it resides under.  Read:  You cannot set a 200kbps MaxIR for target nodes using a larger upstream (hypothetically a 4Mbps upstream carrier (3MHz/QPSK.793TPC) and expect the 1-2w BUCs to close it.  They must be capable of closing the full 4Mb carrier.

M

IP Logged

wbailey
★★★

Reply #2 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:58am  
Fully, I know these remotes can close the 200kbps inroute group they'll live in. I just want to make sure I can set the max ir for below the lowest data rate the remote is able to have for the inroute group.

Example.. e850 can do a min of 64kbps inroute group. But I can set a lower max ir than 64.. yeah?

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Nov 26th, 2009 at 1:13pm  
You must have a reason to be doing something like this, but I can honestly say that I have never tried it.  I am assuming you are just trying to prevent add more app/traffic profiles in GQoS.  I think you hinted to that in the initial post. For this, I am unsure if the GUI would even allow it (has it?). Give it a shot and light up iperf to validate....

I will be curious how it comes out.

IP Logged

Pages: 1