Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Errorstack Issue with 3100 Modem

(Read 8733 times)
Ex Member
Ex Member

Jan 15th, 2010 at 4:31pm  
I was downgrading my 3100 modem from firmware 8.0.2 to 7.1.1, after loading both the cummulative and remote packages and reseting the modem it wasnt booting up completely anymore. I did a telnet and logged in but saw ERRORSTACK instead of the modem serial number and i'm unable to do anything with the modem. I understand i might have an options file problem. If yes please how can i resolve this problem...Please someone help me quickly!

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #1 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:04pm  
Errorstack = Corrupt or incompatible options file 

Was the options file you were loading the same as the software you were loading? 

You are going to need to reload the options file.  If Eth0 is still alive and well, you can reload it with a network connection and iSite.  However, I am thinking that your eth0 is probably not accessible, therefore you may have to CAT it in via linux.   When doing so, ensure that your opt is derived from the same version of software that is on the iDirect unit.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 7:47pm  
Yeah thanks for the response, i already used my console to go in, logged in as root and tried to load the correct options file by using the following commands:

service idirect_falcon stop
cd /etc/idirect/falcon/

cp falcon.opt falcon.opt.old

cat > falcon.opt

The response i got was
"No space left on device"
And by that i'm not able to continue to copy the options file in.

Please what can i do?

IP Logged

Scout
★★★

Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2010 at 10:22pm  
Under the /etc/idirect/falcon folder how many "old" options files do you have?  Have you confirmed the BSP update has been loaded correctly? 
instead of the cp falcon.opt falcon.opt.old you could run
#rm falcon.opt
that will remove it completely and you can then
#cat >> falcon.opt

Before this step of removing what is on the modem, which you may not get back!!  you should try to bring up ETH0.
#ifconfig ixp0 (IPADDRESS) netmask (subnet mask)
#route add default gw (default GW)
then see if the modem is reachable via iSite, if not then you should now have IP connectivity to the box via eth0, you should then be able to use winSCP to log in to the box and transfer the file that way, it is a little safer than moving a file off you may not get back on.

Worth a shot.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 12:03am  
1.  Modem type?
2. What software where you originally on, and what software were you loading?   

Some of the iDS's require an upgrade prep package to be install prior to installing the actual software you intend to use.  Purpose of the upgrade prep:  To remove old files and increase drive/swap space prior to installing the new software.  This is especially common on the 3000 series satellite routers (as they have a limited amount of mem) and iDS 7.X.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 6:04am  
I tried what scout said, on the console i ran
cp falcon.opt falcon.opt.old

The response was
"cp: falcon.opt: No such file or directory"
I also tried
rm falcon.opt and i got
"rm: cannot remove falcon.opt: No such file or directory
i then tried creating by doing cat>>falcon.opt
the response was
"cannot create falcon.opt : No space left on device"

Also, earlier in the bootup details of the hyperterminal, i saw this message which seem to be disturbing:

"led : /etc/idirect/startup_sigs.sig No space left on devive"
"Falcon Warning: This board is incapable of being a Boot! "

Please what can i do?

As to Mike's question, its a 3100 modem and the modem was on Firware 8.0.2 and was downgrading to a 7.1.7

Thanks guys

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2010 at 12:38pm  
Can you share the first 20 lines of config in your options file?  

(please omit any IP addresses, public or private).

My thinking, is you either have a hub side opt you are trying to load in a modem, or you simply need an upgrade prep package to clean out some space.  

"board incapable of being a boot" is often the error you get when a hub side options file has been loaded.

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:42am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:19am  
Thanks Mike and others, I have been able to fix the problem with the modem. I increased the swap space in the /tmp directory and loaded the packages and the correct options file via hyperterminal.

IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Jan 19th, 2010 at 11:42am  
Glad to hear you figured it out...

M

IP Logged

yazzdan
★★

Reply #9 - Jan 20th, 2010 at 5:41am  
Dear jaydee048,

Well i hope this will fix your problem but it might get trouble to login some time ... For precaution , you should have to go for recovery process for iDirect 3100 Router and test this terminal.

Regards,&&Syed Irfan Hasan&&iDirect & VSAT Engineer
IP Logged

ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS
★★★

Reply #10 - Feb 6th, 2010 at 4:31pm  
Quote:
Glad to hear you figured it out...

M

I have same error stack issue on iDirect X3 modem. I reload the package from Hyperterminal also the option file but problem persist.

How can i fix the modem

Thanks

Engr.A.O. Lukmon  CTO  ITCITY GLOBALCOMMUNICATIONS  234-805-6363230 / 2348025171
YIM  
IP Logged

saigone
★★

Reply #11 - May 8th, 2010 at 2:27pm  
hi all. i have the same problem. please jaydee048. can you explain me how you increase the space in /tmp and download the package?
i also want to ask a question. it is possible just to remove the option file inside the modem to solve the problem? please help me. i do wait for your feedback.

IP Logged

saigone
★★

Reply #12 - May 11th, 2010 at 2:34pm  
i can telnet the modem but i see the errorstack. the prolem is i can't CAT via other way. ssh it is not working and winscp. please can you help me?? it is urgent please.

IP Logged

yazzdan
★★

Reply #13 - Jun 14th, 2010 at 7:24am  
Enter the following commands from the console to increase the swap-space in the /tmp directory:

Type:
df

Check the Size of Tmp

Than Type :
mount -t tmpfs -o remount,size=16M /tmp

Thank Type:
df

And Now check the Size ..

Regards,&&Syed Irfan Hasan&&iDirect & VSAT Engineer
IP Logged

Ex Member
Ex Member

Reply #14 - Jun 22nd, 2010 at 12:16am  
hi, please jaydee048 can you help me with the procedures you used to solve your ERRORSTACK problem.  I have exactly same problem like yours.

Please can anyone else help me on this?
« Last Edit: Jun 22nd, 2010 at 4:06pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1