Welcome, Guest.        Forum rules.
      Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Only one polarity being tuned

(Read 3370 times)
electrobby2
★★

Jun 3rd, 2010 at 5:43am  
Using my star Track St-15 Super I am using Auto Search on Asiasat5.Only 7 channels are getting tuned and I have noticed that all of them are on Horizontal  Polarity while searching another satellite only Vertical polarity ones got tuned.Where is the problem.I have put LNB to Auto polarity.Forcing it to Vertical or Horizontal through settings did not help in getting more channels either.Can some one suggest a solution.

IP Logged

Admin1
YaBB Admin
★★★★★

Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2010 at 3:12pm  
Check that your satellite TV equipment is working properly.

Find a good signal and peak up in azimuth, elevation and polarisation.  Change the polarisation voltage using the satellite TV receiver set top box and that signal should disappear. Turn the feed manually by 90 deg and the signal should reappear. This test shows that your receiver can change the LNB from one polarisation to the other and also that both polarisations within the LNB work.

Very bad polarisation alignment may cause most channels to vanish due to cross-pol interference.  The only workable channels may be the few with no, or little, cross-pol traffic present. Adjust your polarisation by calculaton or by drastic misadjustments either way and halfing the difference.

Best regards, Eric.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2010 at 6:23pm by Admin1 »  
IP Logged

tauseefcool
★★

Reply #2 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 6:08am  
can u plz tell me how many channels are there
and whts the actual cost one time cost and monthly charges
plz tell me

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #3 - Sep 20th, 2010 at 6:07pm  
See https://www.lyngsat.com/asia5.html for all TV channels.  Those marked "F " are Free-to Air.

Others are encrypted and you need to pay for them.  You will need a conditional access card and possibly a special receiver. Contact the TV service provider for details of prices for their TV programmes.

If you are still seeing only one polariation re-read my message above.

Best regards, Eric

IP Logged

Pages: 1