Home            Login            Register          
Pages: 1

Looking for potential solutions

(Read 1933 times)
GeorgeH
★★

Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:07pm  
Greetings.

I am seeking the cheapest possible solution for a system or access to a system that would be able to provide a one time transmission of roughly 10mb-25mb down and 5mb-15mb up to <100 different locations scattered across the world between every day-every three days.

What would be the way to do this, and roughly how much would it cost? A top of head guess or some links would be great!

Thanks!

IP Logged

Eric Johnston
★★★

Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:50pm  
Don't understand. Please explain what is the purpose and tell us much more.  Your initial posting makes me think about the following...

Please explain what 10mb means.  Bit rate or quantity ? 10 Mbit/s, 10 Mbits or 10 Mbytes. If quantity (Mbytes), how many Mbytes ?  In how long time ? Does bit rate matter ?

Regarding upload, does every site have to transmit simultaneously ?

Can the upload or download data be sent slowly so that it takes 24 to 72 hours to transmit to avoid any wasted idle time ?

Can it be sent only during off peak periods to reduce cost ?

Best regards, Eric.

IP Logged

GeorgeH
★★

Reply #2 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 9:19pm  
Thanks for the response, and sorry about the confusion. I meant quantity, just 10-25Mbytes down and 5-15 up. Essentially what I want to do is transfer a couple dozen text files 3-4 times per week. Time is not of the essence, so it wouldn't be a problem for it to take two or even three days and use non peak hours. Simultaneous transmission is not nessescery.

IP Logged

Pages: 1